The Flower That Was Bloomed by a Cloud - Ch. 64

YEEESSSSSS TAKE THAT DOWUN UGH HE EVIL AF I SWEAR MANIPULATIVE SON OF A BITCH BE HURT NOW I WANNA SEE U IN PAIN PIECE OF SHIT
LYON DESERVES MOARRRRR MY POOR BABY 😭😭😭😭😭

as usual, the comments section is on fire lmfao

i love dowun and i wanna know how he will react and if anything in him will change seeing how much distance is piling between the two woo

Y'know I may not like Dowun very much and I see him as a very very manipulative person, but...
he do be kinda really hot though

@yuriheimurinn i just meant that to be a more light hearted comment.. im just tired of seeing discourse in the comments all the time (this doesn't mean that im opposed to debates or anything.. its just heated here 24/7)

Ummm.... you guys are hating dowun? at the very least, he was the guy that gave her a second shot to life?? he just be awkward since showing weakness isn't really his thing 👀 In a sense, he also raised her when she was just a defenseless kid. Although he had his intentions, he still made it his goal to seat her in the empress' seat. uwu

From this chapter, I'm guessing the Yang clan originally chose Jayang to be the one they help to become an Empress and have her marry Dowun since Jayang is seen as cold hearted and ambitious which could easily be manipulated and taken down when needed so they can get the throne but Dowun chose Lyon instead. Dowun is trying to shape Lyon to be someone like Jayang, cold hearted, at least on the surface, so that the Yang clan would agree with supporting Lyon. But because Lyon is showing weakness and vulnerability hence the father is suspicious and rushing things and if the Yang clan deem Lyon unbefitting they'd probably get rid of her hence Dowun is actually the one protecting her. This is why Dowun is telling her to wait until everything is stable and just listen to him. Lyon and us are probably only seeing the fragments while Dowun sees the whole picture. I'm just guessing though. 😷

Also, the Yang clan wants to overthrow the family of Lyon, maybe Dowun is against it and maybe he doesn't want her to have feelings for him because one day she will have to execute the whole Yang clan including him. And Dowun probably already developed feelings for her hence his actions and yet he needs to keep himself composed and not let his feelings loose or the Yang clan would get suspicious. Aaah~ I'm probably just making this up and trying to make a sense out of all this, don't mind me. 😷

Fed-Kun's army
There's definitely a lot of things happening in the background that we don't see which is why it's tough for me to side with just one of the guys/ MLs. I do think though that Dowun should steel his own heart since he's asking Hong to do so. Also, he shouldn't think that she'll care for him even in the slightest. I feel that is asking too much of someone who knows she's being used for someone else's agenda no matter how much it aligns with her own wants.

HAAaaaAH i love how conflicting this story and the ships are!!!!! All the characters are so interesting and i love how petty she is lowkey lmfao ahhahahahahahha
also i think people kinda need to chill it's a manga lawls

The more i read it, the more i dont like her.. i think she look like someone with Cinderella syndrome. So much different than other mc i used to read :( but the story is interesting tho, i just hope it will end soon

I kind of like her coldness, I was getting sick of these female leads who are easily swayed by the male leads who show just a bit of kindness but are usually jerks. Plus it's one of the only stories with a pre-arranged marriage where they don't conveniently fall for each other.

@laciesche this series comment section is always fire, but it's kinda amusing to see how people think about the characters & the story in this series

@lindyhopper343434
64 episodes in, he still doesn't care for Lyon's opinion; he simply doesn't think her genuine interests are worth the consideration over his jealous insecurities.
Accurate reason here why i don't sympathize towards Dowun at all and i don't care about his feelings (or change of feelings) towards Lyon, i agree with most of your points, don't hate Dowun but i don't like their relationship at all.

Good grief.

I'd stop reading this, but I honestly need to see the ending.

Haven't read a story so aggravating in a while, where the MC is wavering towards getting herself killed, ML 1 is dubious but probably the best option considering the political climate, and ML 2 is there for contrast and risky behaviour patterns that should've gotten him beheaded years ago.

Anyone riding Dowun's ass is neglecting Lyon's much referenced agency: she went along with what he recommended because it worked for her.

If she had better ideas, she should've offered them or acted upon them, rather than playing along, only to start chafing when she has to pay the piper.

Tnis isn't a just world where people will do altruistic things for others, just because. You don't have to like it, but it is the reality.

Dowun saw an opportunity in her and offered a symbiotic relationship, where what obtained was laid out from the start, which she now assumes she can back out of after getting what she wanted.

She hasn't grown, not in the ways she should have. The risk he took investing in her is being poorly repaid.

A woman who was truly politically astute outside of Dowun's influence - as some of you like to claim she supposedly is - should be focused on securing powerful allies within and outside her court, not frolicking with her bodyguard to the detriment of her reputation and credibility.

What has she got in her field? Some tradesmen referenced ages ago, and a bubbly maid with some information skills. Wow, what a repertoire.

All of you hating on Dowun for doing exactly what he promised he would do to secure her position, please tell me: where would she be if Dowun had withdrawn his support at any moment ?

Please, enlighten me. What outstanding personal qualities, political allies and resources will she use to outmaneuver Dowun and his even more dubious clan?

She leaves most things to Dowun - from the start up till now - and then wonders why she has no say in certain affairs. Like, what was she expecting?

Competency is key. The incompetent fall back, the competent lead.

Lol, this sort of writing in media is what permits some women to think they can play the victim after mutually benefitting from their man's misdeeds.

A realistic end to this would be Dowun losing what affection he has after she pushes him too far and withdrawing his support, leaving her and her loyal dog to whatever forces come into play.

Given how little she actually does to shield herself or others from harm, it will be a laughably short existence before their gruesome end.

You can decide to hope their mutual affection and spurious "healthy relationship" vibes are enough to satisfy their disgruntled courtiers and countrymen.

I can assure you it won't be.

@AevaEl Harsh, but it would be a well deserved path for the story to take. I would make one change. I want to see Lyon have to make a choice between Baek's life and her own. In that situation, we would get to see if her romanticism or survival desires are stronger. I think Lyon would pick her own. She's not selfless or kind. She consistently chooses survival over others. She's even told both Baek and the readers this. The sweet girl that people seem to remember pre-time skip was ONLY possible because of Dowun. Before that she actually was belittled, gaslighted, and neglected by her maids and family. She had no childhood, no personality, and didn't even have an outfit in her size. Not to mention she could have gotten an infection on her leg when her maids prevented her from getting medicine. Where were the smiles and her supposed kindness?

A really interesting question would be to see who she would pick between Baek and Dowun. I think she would go with the latter. I hope we get to see this choice presented.

As for Dowun's antagonism that's often cited towards Baek, he wanted to take Baek out before he had any reason to make it personal. Why? Because it's a risky political move to keep the former crown's top bodyguard that close to you. Anybody with a shred of imagination and common sense knows that people can play nicely for years while plotting their revenge. And now that Lyon is being foolish, it jeopardizes all of their lives because weak political opponents will come under attack. The best odds of survival (for all three!) come when Baek is placed far away from them. I've said before and it's gone largely overlooked, you can't be happy if you are dead. Whether it's personal or not for Dowun, I think the outcome would still be the same.

@cassandra827 That would be an excellent twist: put that supposed kind spirit of hers to the test.

I'd love to see her tied in knots trying to save him. More props if this comes after she's already married to Dowun.

How delightfully unsightly that would be.

Lyon has had others point out how she is pragmatic like Dowun. She'll likely throw Baek under the bus, then find some way to make it seem like Dowun's fault; as usual, ignoring her part in it.

Dowun had no true ill feeling towards Baek at the start, it's just good political sense to erase all traces of the prior regime - distant relatives included.

Thanks to Lyon's wonderful kindness, we now have Baek stirring trouble just by being present, Granny having an unsupervised home from which to support sedition and Jayang, who should've been publically beheaded, slipped out as a waiting replacement for her.

I'm not sure how many ways one can shoot theirself in the foot, but she sure likes to get as many as she can in a short space of time.

We're watching. The author better not cop out.

This manhwa should not end well, the setup logically shouldn't allow for it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, I can start to believe that Dowun actually cares about her (how much, we still don't know, but at least there's some tangible evidence now). He just really sucks at it LOL. I mean... completely understandable. His home seems to have been devoid of love anyway, we can assume that much. Also liked the small detail of him noticing that her earring was gone before the maid even mentioned it. Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if he did indeed pick up the engagement ring. Maybe we'll get to see the answer to that later on.

@cassandra827 With where she is at the moment, I think she'll pick her own too. She definitely doesn't like Baek Han enough to sacrifice herself. And if Baek Han had any say in the matter, he'd likely sacrifice himself before she could make the decision. It's more likely that she would have to pick between Dowun and Baek Han though (just cause...love triangles you know). Romance aside, both of them have different ideals and different methods on how the country should be run, so I also can't really see an ending where they could all stay together and make it work.

I just want to mention that Dowun wanted to get rid of Baek Han the moment he found out he saved the princess in the past. He might have gotten rid of him anyway after the rebellion, for reasons like you mentioned, but the main reason was cause he foresaw that Baek Han could be a weakness for her and therefore a wrench in his plans. If it wasn't for that connection, it could've been possible that Dowun would've kept Baek Han alive.

@simplicity I want to know about his mother. There's been zero mention of her so far.

Ha, that's true about Baek Han sacrificing himself. I guess in my mind I was thinking about a betrayal scene similar to what happened with the little brother. I'm not sure how that situation would happen, though. The closest that comes to mind would be needing to quell rumors to retain political power.

Yes, that's when he decided to get rid of Baek Han and I agree that you can summarize his words as wanting to avoid a weakness. I think we're reading his intent in two different ways. His father's comment was something like, "We don't need her with a connection to the crown prince's house." To me, that makes it clear they were more worried about her being lenient with political opponents (which did happen) rather than a romantic relationship.

Users who are viewing this thread