The Former Hero Wants To Live Peacefully - Ch. 14 - The Hero Meets Gudal Again

Dex-chan lover
The sword itself is just a placebo to inflate egos. The king is giving away these "heirloom" swords to people he wants to keep loyal to him even though the swords are pretty much useless.
Also, looks like Gudal and the Saintess (Noel's childhood friend) are really in for the betrayal (it seems they really want to increase their standing) but yeah, they really are in for some trouble, specially the Saintess, now that the favor of the goddess is obviously no longer with them.

Dex-chan lover
3. Gudal: Hmm, a sword that's said will unleash the evil god if it's stained with blood... Okay, I'll use it in war!
Last comment made by ex-hero makes me think it just normal sword with made up backstory

Dex-chan lover
noel will easily defeat them, but likely keeping them alive. yet the enemy army will be forced to play a card, either sending Gudal up front with that sus Sword, or even sending the fake Hero. anyways, since all of the deceivers are in place, we'll likely have an encounter, and even if they are simply defeated but not killed, the soldiers and possibly generals will take that to heart much more. so the kingdoms self destruction is upon us.
then again, the series name is about a peaceful live, so it doesn't even matter what happens to that kingdom.

overall, seems the art quality is simply higher than the plot quality.

Dex-chan lover
Last comment made by ex-hero makes me think it just normal sword with made up backstory
He didn't know that it's just a made up backstory.
But maybe it's true, because that cunning king was the one who sent it to Gudal.

Dex-chan lover
i just realize there's quite a lot of difference compared to the WN ver in this arc
cant say which one is better tbh

Dex-chan lover
The prince having to get cunning cause the hero is a dipshit that won't do his fucking job

Dex-chan lover
is she the one who instigate all of this?
the author seems like portraying her as a scheming b*tch here.
The King was the one who planned to get rid of Noel, Prince bastard and Gudal bastard are in on the plot

Saintess Stella is just going along with the flow with Prince Bastard, and Gudal bastard

Double-page supporter
"Oh my god, I can't believe Noel actually fell for it" -The prince probably

Contributor
So it's not total defeat yet for the rebels, but losing the first battle puts them on the back foot. Pretty disappointing though.

I'm surprised Gudal actually has worth as a tactician. They presented him as a strong warrior but also as a corrupt womanizer supposedly not competent enough to serve as replacement commander-in-chief, but then he won a battle with more than just brute force? Or maybe Schwartz is just that much of an incompetent tactician?

Funny how Gudal was breaking in cold sweat just thinking of Noel learning about their betrayal. Bad news for him, Noel knows. But good news for him is that Noel doesn't care that his hero title was stolen. Still, it was pretty dumb for Noel to openly state he was doing business with the rebel army's commander. I guess when he's that powerful he can afford to make such a dumb mistake.

I like that neither the court mages nor the church supported the kingdom's army in the first battle, but I'm not sure how Aina delayed the mages since they seem to be participating in the next battle. So that sword is definitely, 100% awakening an evil god if they're not actually lying; else it's just some fancy piece of sharpened steel, and one that Noel already destroyed before.

Users who are viewing this thread