The Former Hero Wants To Live Peacefully - Ch. 20 - The Hero Is Troubled By The Newcomer

Dex-chan lover
At no point was "total annihilation" mentioned, not even on the chapter. I clearly pointed out I would understand if she was just a commoner, but she isn't, not even a soldier, she is a general! death penalty for those that were in power is the normal, while imprisonment for life is the minimal. it's even more reasonable to do that when their objective was your annihilation.
The problem with your statement is that you are assuming that this nun KNOWS exactly who Sara used to be. There is no evidence of that she has such knowledge, and is simply bigoted against demons in general. If you remember, Sara was already punished by being captured and turned into a battle slave, then essentially sent off to die. She no longer has fault in this situation.

Supporter
This manga is stupidly simplistic and by all appearances a terrible adaptation of the LN. Massive problems like the resurrection of a demon king are handled in a single sword slash and then hand-waved away. Evidence proving the king's malfeasance just happens to show up in court right at the critical moment. The dialogue is atrocious and things that deserve several more pages for each interaction are handled in basically four panels.

Christ.

Dex-chan lover
Uh, why would the saint girl pick out that nun of all people? Is she hoping to get an antagonistic relationship with the hero?
The nun is just your usual rude tourist whenever they visit another country. Breaking laws and norms left and right. And she's stupid too. Imagine disregarding the opinion of the hero who is pretty much the guardian deity for the village atp.

Tho what's more surprising is that not even the queen informed this bratty nun about the existence of demon in this village and she should've known that most of the church members would against coexisting with demons.
That too. How the hell did she manage to forget to mention that the village is less a village, and rather a single household consisting of: 1 hero, 1 succubus, 1 literal goddess, 1 noble girl, and 1 super mage? Like, feels like she should be somewhat more reverent to a literal goddess, and not make trouble with the resident succubus.
What, the nun turns out to be a b*tch.
What the heck are you doing, Goddess? Manage your people!
The goddess probably doesn't care about the church. More likely the church pronounced themselves her servants against her wishes, and playing pokemon with the saintessess she spawn (gotta catch 'em all).
No, the issue is that saint-girl isn't controlling her ppl, and felt it was apt to send that person to his household without instructions on playing nice and placating the hero (with her body? He is clearly one who likes collecting young women after all, so prolly an active night-life).

Dex-chan lover
only thing that actually got a really big change is how they dealt with the whats her name ex saint and her baby in the LN compared to the WN, and i could think various reasons why they did it
Can you give some summary about ex saint fate?

Contributor
Aina and Sanya are moving out of the village... Haremettes exiting the harem (temporarily, I guess) is a surprise. Maybe Sara has hope to be the one true female lead after all?

Wow, this new girl Cynthia is a pompous one. First time someone not nice joins the village. But what happened to the accountant girl Lilia? I guess she really was just "on loan" for a while and didn't really become a resident. She IS a princess after all.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, manga just skipped out so much stuff from the novel during the past arc lmao, after chapter 19 i went to check out and yeah, so much stuff left out for whatever reason, who knows what this adaptation doing anymore

The trial basically went down to the Goddess showing up from the Holy Sword and judging the King, at the end of the trial she burst him into flames from the inside as Divine Punishment, his body turning into ashes and the Goddess sealing them into an urn so his soul can't be reborn again, even if he manage to, he only gonna live a miserable life, oh and the Prince was supposed to be in the trial too, 19.5 is the Prince outcome after the trial that they didn't show fully lol
And i skipped further more...👍🏼

At no point was "total annihilation" mentioned, not even on the chapter. I clearly pointed out I would understand if she was just a commoner, but she isn't, not even a soldier, she is a general! death penalty for those that were in power is the normal, while imprisonment for life is the minimal. it's even more reasonable to do that when their objective was your annihilation.
But she is imprisoned for life with the Hero blessed by the goddess. He still is meaning the Goddess approves of the hero's actions. Meaning the Nun has no basis here at all unless she too wants to sin against the Goddess and her Chosen Hero.

Users who are viewing this thread