The Former Hero Wants To Live Peacefully - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Yours are much more easier to read than mine :lol: should've take it slower than yours:meguuusad:
The reason is the font~ Well, I actually have no idea, as I only read a single panel on yours before noping out to this version instead (due to said font) :huh:

Dex-chan lover
Yours are much more easier to read than mine :lol: should've take it slower than yours:meguuusad:
Thank youu
I wasnt sure if you were translating this chap since you uploaded the omake first
“innit” had me chuckling

Dex-chan lover
Gonna feed my photoshop some new fonts bruh:qq:
Feed the font addiction lol. Dafont and 1001font are your best friends.
The reason is the font~ Well, I actually have no idea, as I only read a single panel on yours before noping out to this version instead (due to said font) :huh:

Actually went thru 6-7 pages with the bad font since it’s not the first time someone does a good tl with bad font, but it’s the jank sentences that made me quit. The sentences don’t quite make sense. It’s one of those things that some don’t think much without re-reading a TL’d text. That’s why it’s usually another person that proofreads; if you proof it, you might be biased to skip some thing you think are ok but it’s actually not for everyone else, especially very fluent speakers.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, the grammar and statements were in better order, making it far easier to comprehend. Other version, I had to reread certain statements twice or thrice before I could understand what they meant.

Dex-chan lover
Feed the font addiction lol. Dafont and 1001font are your best friends.

Actually went thru 6-7 pages with the bad font since it’s not the first time someone does a good tl with bad font, but it’s the jank sentences that made me quit. The sentences don’t quite make sense. It’s one of those things that some don’t think much without re-reading a TL’d text. That’s why it’s usually another person that proofreads; if you proof it, you might be biased to skip some thing you think are ok but it’s actually not for everyone else, especially very fluent speakers.
That's right as well... :meguuusad:

Group Leader
I thought the chick at the last page was the saintess, but no. Welp. Two more people getting destroyed next chapter.

I highly doubt the saintess was forced to do anything against her will. If she was enslaved, with such a big and obvious mark on her face, everyone would have mentioned it. The hero would have known. The mage, the goddess, even the citizens, would have realized that, or told the hero. But no one said anything about her being enslaved since the beginning. Even if she was enslaved after she returned, the mage surely would have realized it, or at least the goddess would have known and told the hero.

It's most likely just a part of a saintess's makeup. So the most likely scenario is that she is just a scheming greedy shameless bitch who uses the royal family to boost her power and influence. Also:

Somebody said that according to the novel, it's revealed that the saintess is truly just a horrible person. There isn't any twist at all. Of course, I can't confirm this. But, from whatever clues that we have so far, this seems to be the case. She gets a slap on the wrist in the end, but that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread