The Former Prostitute Became a Rich Wife - Vol. 7 Ch. 52

Dex-chan lover
Dumb question but what does "free customer" mean? Surely they're still paying
I think it may have meant that the customer is unatended?

A translation error perhaps?

I could be wrong, so if so, anyone is free to correct me.

Power Uploader
Dumb question but what does "free customer" mean? Surely they're still paying
I think it may have meant that the customer is unatended?

A translation error perhaps?

I could be wrong, so if so, anyone is free to correct me.
It was explained in one of the older notes that it's a customer who walks in without asking for anyone specific and simply has a prostitute assigned by the establishment. Most customers ask for a specific prostitute they've seen on the website or otherwise know.

There's quite a bit of vocabulary in it that doesn't have any real English words so I just literally translate the Japanese terms.

Dex-chan lover
Honoka's about to receive a crash course on the art of the selfie...

But for real 10 posts a day is absurd. Even half that would be too much if you ask me.

Thanks for the translation.

Dex-chan lover
Until they mentioned a refund, I thought she was just taking care of a homeless guy that looked like Kakeru. What was up with that guy... he ate soup and took a bath like it was the first time he'd done so since they began living at the train station.

jak

Contributor
Hey Kakeru, I found a bunch of pictures of your wife on the internet.

Dex-chan lover
Seems like a typo in the message from Lilly, I'm assuming it should say "10 per day is the norm" (or else she wouldn't have an issue).

Also damn, 60k yen/500 bucks for some udon and sleep, that guy must be loaded if he's not overspending beyond his means. Would be funny if it was related to the well-paying work Kakeru eventually gets into.

Supporter
I'm going to write something of my own thought process in regards to this particular encounter...

5 years ago, just before they shut down entirely, I worked for TRU; worked there for nearly 11.5 years at that point. For the past probably 3-4 years before that, holiday times were the absolute worst. Overnight shifts that were 10, 12 hours long, occasionally longer, for 6 days a week. And at that point, even your "day off" is just a night that you're not at work, you're still actually working at least part of every day in the week. One year I know that I just gave up shaving for all of November and December because it was just too much effort (normally the longest I would go is probably about two weeks).

If I could spend some hours having a hot bath, an actual warm cooked meal instead of microwave food or cereal, and sleep in a generally relaxing environment...$500 would be well worth it to me. I don't have any experience with a "black company" that puts on abusive hours of office work, but I can still relate to the experience.

Users who are viewing this thread