The Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Rintaro and Subaru

Dex-chan lover
he didn't "need" to, he said that himself. he did it out of kindness because he saw how much she cared for her.
And if she said "no", the manga would have ended here... ?

Maybe it's because I think a relationship between two (potential) partners is something that should concern only themselves, to act that like the MC did feel too tepid and too weak to me and I see a couple as something "absolute", in a romantic way.

Well, writing words is great and all, however I really can't go past that chapter. It's my third try and my third failure. I guess I don't gel with the author's way of writing.

Dex-chan lover
Characters talk about their feelings and everyone blushes.

This is not a shonen series. We're just supposed to believe it is shonen because the protagonist looks like a boy... yet the author quite clearly has never encountered someone with a Y chromosome because this is NOT how guys behave. This is how girls in shoujo series behave. Princess Rintaro is a shoujo protagonist in a shoujo ML's body. This is basically transgender representation at this point.

Am I going to be the first to point out that Kaoruko has a fairly noticeable rack. She is packing her bra. Yet nobody has said anything about it nor even glanced at her chest. Not once. Even when clichéd sexual predators had her pinned against a wall. Instead they're going on about love and friendship like Barney the Dinosaur. And we're supposed to believe this is a shonen series?

Dex-chan lover
Characters talk about their feelings and everyone blushes.

This is not a shonen series. We're just supposed to believe it is shonen because the protagonist looks like a boy... yet the author quite clearly has never encountered someone with a Y chromosome because this is NOT how guys behave. This is how girls in shoujo series behave. Princess Rintaro is a shoujo protagonist in a shoujo ML's body. This is basically transgender representation at this point.

Am I going to be the first to point out that Kaoruko has a fairly noticeable rack. She is packing her bra. Yet nobody has said anything about it nor even glanced at her chest. Not once. Even when clichéd sexual predators had her pinned against a wall. Instead they're going on about love and friendship like Barney the Dinosaur. And we're supposed to believe this is a shonen series?
This comment is an excellent representation of the absolutely god awful state of shounen manga and its readers

Contributor
She realized she was being overprotective? Self-awareness, good.

Man, I suppose I'm too effusive with praise for this, but really, the emotional intelligence in the writing just blows my mind. It's rare for me to see manga where the characters communicate like sane people in ways that don't always result in misunderstandings.

That part where Tsumugi asked Kaoruko about Subaru could've sparked a jealous misunderstanding in other manga, and I braced myself for that but it didn't happen. Kaoruko cheerfully handed the call over to Subaru, and I did not see any hint of jealousy, even when the call resulted in Tsumugi meeting Subaru alone. I might be speaking early but I'd like to think this is because Kaoruko trusts both Tsumugi and Subaru, that she has nothing to worry about. A developing romance rooted in trust is a very good sign.

Other titles could've milked this almost-drama dry for god knows how long, but this is resolved pretty quickly with effective, proper communication.

Users who are viewing this thread