The Fragrant Flower Blooms With Dignity

Dex-chan lover
Not my cup of tea personally. I’d prefer more time between just the two main people as opposed to 6 people being together loads. I’d have preferred maybe only 1 or 2 friends for the ML so it feels less crowded

the level of maturity and communication between all of the characters makes this a wonderfully relaxing read. i was really pleasantly surprised—a lot of times when shoujos introduce threads of drama, i feel a sense of unease and dread, because you think it'll blow up, right? but that is not the case with this series; drama gets handled so smoothly that now 50 chapters in when trouble arises, i instead have full faith in the cast to be able to take it on without the conflict blowing up. the main cast is pleasantly transparent, sincere, and trusting with each other, so much so it makes me think of my own close, longstanding friendships. that's how compelling and strong i feel the cast's friendship is.

the manga puts less focus on the two leads and more focus on how the people around them react to their growing relationship, which is rather rare for romance manga. this sort of narrative may not be what people are looking for in romance manga, but i find it refreshing and reassuring. it's wonderfully reflective of healthy relationships in real life, be it romantic, platonic, or familial—real life relationships don't just revolve around one's special someone, so seeing the two leads have a healthy support network of friends just as important as their partners is really refreshing.

if you are looking for a high-stakes narrative, a rollercoaster of emotions, or tooth-rotting fluffy interactions between the main leads, this manga probably isn't for you. ah, i guess slice of life is in the tags, so the first few might be a given. i think those who are looking for a drama-light narrative about a cast of kids growing and developing as people will find enjoyment in this manga.

At the time of reading, chapter 58 is the most recent. And holy sh!t is that how you do a cliffhanger. I NEED THE NEXT CHAPTER!!!!

I think this manga deserves its high score for what it is. Its a bit of a simple premise but it does all the things right, with good pacing, no dumb conflict/drama, being mature about it and wholesome. The integration of the friendship and romance is beautiful, shows that there's more to both leads' lives and really helps flesh them out and make them well rounded characters. In a time where there are so many titles trying to be quirky or fail to nail the basics despite an interesting premise, this is very refreshing.

Dex-chan lover
Incredibly heartwarming to the point where I feel an immense longing for companionship in these dark times. I'm grateful that this was recommended to me and I look forward to more. 10/10 Read it. Though I guess listening to Kudasai on loop while reading this may have affected my feelings lol.

Aggregator gang
I love this manga sm, amazing artstyle, the romance is done insanely well, love the characters and we’re finally starting to tackle the main conflict which I’m excited to see how it’s resolved

Dex-chan lover
A romance manga about a cute short girl who likes to eat, and a guy named Rintaro. I feel like I've read that before, but I can't remember what it's called.

Double-page supporter
This manga is like a fantasy of a perfect life, everyone is happy and understanding and communicates their feelings. There's never any struggle or misunderstandings that can't be overcome in a short discussion. It makes me feel like a demon staring at a cross, it's too pure for this world.

I only recently found this manga and I’ve caught before I knew it. My first impression was “how could this be at the top of the romance category on MangaDex?” Upon reading however, I learned why. It‘s start is kinda the generic RomCom tough/scary looking dude who's actually soft on the inside. As I read along though, I began to really grow attachment for Rintaro and all of the characters introduced. How the author portrays one’s innermost thoughts is honestly really amazing. Each character feels so relatable and human and I honestly could go on forever gushing about this series. While this may not be everyone’s favorite manga it certainly has become mine and I hope that this message pushes people to give it a read as well.

Double-page supporter
the level of maturity and communication between all of the characters makes this a wonderfully relaxing read. i was really pleasantly surprised—a lot of times when shoujos introduce threads of drama, i feel a sense of unease and dread, because you think it'll blow up, right? but that is not the case with this series; drama gets handled so smoothly that now 50 chapters in when trouble arises, i instead have full faith in the cast to be able to take it on without the conflict blowing up. the main cast is pleasantly transparent, sincere, and trusting with each other, so much so it makes me think of my own close, longstanding friendships. that's how compelling and strong i feel the cast's friendship is.

the manga puts less focus on the two leads and more focus on how the people around them react to their growing relationship, which is rather rare for romance manga. this sort of narrative may not be what people are looking for in romance manga, but i find it refreshing and reassuring. it's wonderfully reflective of healthy relationships in real life, be it romantic, platonic, or familial—real life relationships don't just revolve around one's special someone, so seeing the two leads have a healthy support network of friends just as important as their partners is really refreshing.

if you are looking for a high-stakes narrative, a rollercoaster of emotions, or tooth-rotting fluffy interactions between the main leads, this manga probably isn't for you. ah, i guess slice of life is in the tags, so the first few might be a given. i think those who are looking for a drama-light narrative about a cast of kids growing and developing as people will find enjoyment in this manga.
i didnt know why i liked this manga so much before i read this but this is exactly why i like the manga so much

well, hopefully kodansha push their apps to other region, because i cant read without a vpn 😭

also thanks to scanlation for translating this manga thou

cute manga, but too chummy for my tastes, 90% of the content is people apologizing. If someone is looking for something wholesome i guess it's good, but for me it lacks comedy or drama that would make it interesting.

Dex-chan lover
It's sooo good! All the characters are so emotionally mature, such a nice change of pace from the usual high school romance/slice of life!

Users who are viewing this thread