The Frontier Alchemist ~ I Can't Go Back to That Job After You Made My Budget Zero - Vol. 4 Ch. 21.2

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I don't like it when "big bad evil mystery man" comes out no where, as if sent by the author, and stirs shit up supernaturally.
As some said, I too would've preferred a more level headed downfall for this villain. But I also appreciate how I do genuinely feel bad for him, lel. At least that's something.

The only downside is that we all know that he's going to survive this event, and then somehow screw over the MC.

Dex-chan lover
It's weird how they're actually right about salmon attack being Rihaizam's fault. Just not in a way they thought.
It's also the fault of the government bureaucrat that got a director's post, and whoever appointed him too. But it looks like they'll have to wait for it to bite them in the ass for some more time.

Dex-chan lover
I had been suspecting for a while now that Rihazam was an expy for a former supervisor of the author. Now I'm convinced of that.

I'm just glad that the evil shadowy guy who killed all the nuns is a separate character. Putting all the evil in one basket is just lazy writing.

We’ve seen monsters, but what is a “demon” in this world? Can their guns kill him? They work on monsters by overloading them with magic elements, but have no effect on humans. Which is he now?

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I don't like it when "big bad evil mystery man" comes out no where, as if sent by the author, and stirs shit up supernaturally.
As some said, I too would've preferred a more level headed downfall for this villain. But I also appreciate how I do genuinely feel bad for him, lel. At least that's something.
But he was foreshadowed since chapter 2, if I'm not mistaken. He is the "shaman" that the paladin of vengeance is hunting. He was last seen in the capital, which is where we saw him now. I guess he was also a vengeful person, since he decided to wait for the alchemist responsible for messing up his plans (by shipping defective magic items to the military).

We’ve seen monsters, but what is a “demon” in this world? Can their guns kill him? They work on monsters by overloading them with magic elements, but have no effect on humans. Which is he now?
It was never properly explained what a "demon" is, except that they're very dangerous.
Guns can be made to work on humans by inserting flash cards of elemental conversion into them. But it's not clear which are used by the policemen(?) here. Hopefully, they're good enough to make the right decision under pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread