The Galactic Navy Officer Becomes an Adventurer - Vol. 6 Ch. 39 - New Allies, New Mission, New Problems

Double-page supporter
most likely since i already read this one two time and this "goddess" or whatever this "thing" is most likely new addition for LN or even Manga since original author going MIA and possibly the mangaka go with new direction

Shouldn't it be Bandit Hunter instead of Thief Hunter?
I thought it would convey the same meaning more or less. They do slightly differ, I'm sorry if that bothered and I will try to correct that in future chapters
Edit: didnt mean to reply to the first msg

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
...given his harem, that role would probably be "Go forth and multiply".
And how often does that happen in mangas / light novels with a 'harem' tag? I know it happens in some (How a realist hero rebuilt the kingdom; Mushoku Tensei; How to build a dungeon), but it's closer to exceptions instead a rule.

Double-page supporter
Oh ma lord! the end is near! only like 5-6 chapters remaining until the end of the WN.

Dex-chan lover
It's just setting the stage for the Deus Ex Machina later on - the only way he gets to create a plausible planetary defense when the Aliens show up is to have an Orbital Reactor. Without it, all other technology branches on the tree are unreachable. It doesn't have to be an Imperial Technology reactor though. As I said in Chapter 1, the way forward is to merge Imperial Tech with the planet's magic infrastructure. We can see the hybridization of this with his magic heat dryer gun. It just means something is behind the Magic, and using a Cleria Avatar. It's convenient that the Iris AI can't detect it.

Dex-chan lover
soo is it a deity or maybe an older computer programm?
why did poisen needed to be in the system? to divert the itention of the nanorobots in him so a other system could acces ?
that thing cleare tried to make sure that he understood that it isnt human in nature, so how it spoke, also didnt sound very deity like, so maybe it is a programm or ai ?

Dex-chan lover
If she actually did that, by all accounts she is his enemy. If the attack on the warship was a case of mistaken identity and the trap intended for someone else, she wouldn't be all mysterious and shit about what she had done and why it was done.

I doubt she is an AI, because no other signals were picked up by the warship's AI. I can believe divine powers can't be picked up via regular scans, but not when another machine tries to contact him.

If - and I say IF - this was a David Weber novel, the "goddess" would actual be an AI tasked with protecting this star system and the descendants of human colonists that are purposely kept ignorant so they don't develop and start emitting various radio waves, which would then be picked up by hostile aliens. It would basically be the origin story (Dahak series, book 3) of the 'Safehold' series. In which case what actually happened was that the warship stumbled into the defenses of the star system, where it was assumed hostile and attacked. Still, the pieces don't exactly fit together for this type of a plot.

:thonk:
so the reason i think its an AI and not a goddess has to do with the fact that it seems to have come to same conclusion about the bug aliens the MC's world is fighting as his own ships AI did, and that this world would not survive without some extreme technological adancement. The easiest solution for providing that is to bring the closest member of the MC's race to the planet, along with whatever tech they could bring, and uplift the magic society into a magitech one. The very fact that the speech of the "Goddess" Mirrors the motto of the MC's government is proof that it is connected in some way to his government/military which implies AI.

Though the biggest clue that it is an AI is that it is talking to him THROUGH his nanomachines. A goddess wouldn't need to form a connection through his nanomachines, it could just talk to him.

Dex-chan lover
And now potentially adding deities? Love when these writers can’t come up with anything new. Same sequence or events. Rinse repeat.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone assuming it's the Goddess, but considering how she was talking about the human species, seems more like the third force that left humans on multiple planets and why they have the same basic genetic structure across different galaxies. Of course could be both.

Users who are viewing this thread