The Garden of Red Flowers - Ch. 1

@De_Blois I agree. I honestly really dislike this type of MC. Nothing she does is rational. Act as Venia? She makes friends by hurting them and announcing her transmigrated identity at any and all opportunities. I don't understand why a 24 year old not sharing and biting a 10 year old supposed friend over a common dessert is supposed to be admirable. She employs a private chef. Never mind most kindergarten kids that don't have limitless resources are taught to be kind and share.

She all the money in the world, has no ambitions, and no intention of treating close friends and family with kindness much less perform charity work. Is this what people become when they're born into the 1%...rip

Fed-Kun's army
@Ain_anggina When you got no responsibilities the only thing you can do is shit the stick with your peers... which happens to be children in her case.

@snowyang26 Maybe the past life memories she has is just being treated as a dream/guide. Or idk, maybe bc she technically is reborn and became a new person, while she may have memories of her past life, her body and mind isn't technically mature yet. You know how when you're a kid you'll do dumb things like idk drop an egg on the floor for no reason, maybe that's what's happening to her. But then again, for someone with 24 years of past life memories and plus her age now, you'd think she'll develop common sense and basic human intelligence. But yeah, you're right tho, the main character do be annoying and it doesn't excuse her immature behavior.

Meo

Dex-chan lover
I hope she does undergo some hardship, she really needs it to grow. Actually at her level, she needs ALOT of hardship

A 24 year old in a 10 year old's body biting someone over a cream puff.

Double-page supporter
@SOL_rocks i completely agree with you. It's more like a child with memories than adult. If we look at her in that light, things make more sense and the story seems enjoyable.

I also feel a bit bad about 'taking over body' trope. It makes one wonder what happen to the original soul...

@ChibKip except she talks down to her peers. Her dialogue conveys a sense of superiority towards young kids and the writing emphasizes that she's so much older, more knowledgeable, and should therefore automatically be respected. She's over all this kid stuff. This continues in the next chapter (I dropped after that). Then she goes and bites a kid. Even a 10 year old knows more respect and kindness than she does. So either way, it doesn't make for a likeable MC

An idiot.

Haha, I thought I was the only one who thought she's an idiot because of the 8 star rating...until I read the comments. xD

It's not only the fact that she bit a 10 year old kid over a cream puff that she's an idiot. You can maybe, slightly play that off as being a food junkie. But the fact she keeps blabbering about being reincarnated to everyone. Why would you do that? I mean, of course they're going to look at you weirdly. Was she really a 24 years old Uni student? More like a 5 years old...

"Until then, I was still acting in my role."

Um...what?

*facepalm*

Hehe it's refreshing kids acting like kids Even the reincarnation who was 24 Either she's playing along or because she has the mind of a child Either way it's good
Thank you for the translations

What? She's acting her role? Which role? A sane 10-year old kid? Clearly not! 😅😂

ROIGHT. TIME TO DITCH THE O'L 24 YR LIFE THAT I IDENTIFY AS AND AM NOT THIS CHILD BUT I WILL PRETEND TO BE THIS CHILD THAT I WAS BORN AS AND FIGURE OUT MI ROMANCE ALONG THE WAY LAD- YA?

Glad I’m not the only one feeling off about MC 😅 she keeps going off on how she’s “playing the part” when she’s literally just... not. She keeps calling everyone child and acting like she’s still 24 (and even fucking told people she transmigrated between worlds as if people wouldn’t think she’s insane from the get go) and honestly I just don’t understand it and it’s rubbing off the wrong way

It's chapter 1, yet my interest not quite peaked. The FL is too much, acting like an adult but still childish. I don't even consider the plot funny. I am gonna put this aside for the time being and come back if the "bug" will be fixed. there are more manhua worth my time.

P.S. i think the bug is the FL haha

I genuinely can't stand lead characters that can't accept their reincarnation and reject it, and I can't understand why authors would write their lead like this. I get that some of them might want to have a unique main character, and what better way than to start with the initial piece of characterization, which is "how they handle the reincarnation".

However, a good majority of their audience are people who read the reincarnation genre as a form of escapism. An audience like this will sympathize with main characters who are happy to have a new life and treasure their new family, and obviously will not feel for a character who completely rejects the idea and won't move on from their past.

I don't think a sane 10-year-old still bites unless they have serious behavioral issues.

Aggregator gang
One of the big questions of isekai stories: should the reincarnated person act as an adult or a child??

1. Have the mc think as an adult all the time. ( mc may need to pretend to be a child to hide the fact ). Can come off as creepy (e.g. in Mushoku Tensei)
2 Only memories are transferred but not the personality. MC will behave like a child most of the time unless it relates to the memories inherited. Authors tend to misuse this and end up switching the kid's personality from child to adult based on plot convenience like in this case.

Personally, I think the best way to go about it would be to have the MC grow up with the same personality as in previous life but only realize that it is because of their past life once they grow older. This way they can be a smart child and act in a way to change the plot without coming off as unnatural and then later fully merge with their old selves at an appropriate time

Hey, you. You’re finally awake. You were trying to cross the border,
right? Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that
thief over there.

Users who are viewing this thread