The Ghost and the Exhausted Office Worker - Ch. 143 - Chapter 143

Dex-chan lover
Why would you wear a mask when you're not counting the ghost alone? He'd be able to breath a lot easier without it.

Group Leader
Why would you wear a mask when you're not counting the ghost alone? He'd be able to breath a lot easier without it.
Yeah it's weird. On one hand Japanese know sickness is spread by germs and viruses so sick people should wear masks. And then a super polite nebbish like him will wear the mask even with nobody around.

On the other hand, Japanese still believe you get sick just by getting wet or cold, which is absolutely false. Yeah, cold dry air can let viruses travel further, but rain actually takes them down, and in any case you still have to get it from someone else who's sick. Even if you swim in a mostly frozen lake in the dead of winter, you're not going to catch a cold or flu (maybe hypothermia) if you're alone.

Dex-chan lover
It mostly reminded me of the early days of covid where you'd see people wearing constantly weather there was a reason to or not. I hated the masks because the impediment it caused when breathing even if it was only slight was enough to make me light headed after more than five minutes. I'm no expert but I imagine that isn't going to help recovery. Thinking back on it, the early covid era was pretty ridiculous, I'd see people driving with a mask on and windows up. I made eye contact with some guy at a stop light only for him to immediately put on a mask like I was going to infect him from ten feet away through both of our windows. People at the park walking the dog, no one else within a hundred yards but still wearing a mask. Once I saw a lady try to put a mask on her dog as she was getting it out of the car with predictable results. The level of paranoia was insane. People seemed to view masks less like medical equipment and more like a magical health fetish.

Users who are viewing this thread