The Ghostly Doctor - Ch. 210

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for translating!

I really hope these idiots don't get greedy and do something stupid. If they have such a source of powerful medication it's better to butter up the one who gave it to you rather than steal it and risk both dishonour and being crushed for such insolence.

Dex-chan lover
Kek people getting ahead of themselves before they know the whole story.

can someone explain to me what it means if its a betrothal gift? is it only for aunt su or what? thanks~

Dex-chan lover
Misunderstanding ensues... The family heads will start to believe that either the ghost doctor is the one marrying the aunt or that old man Feng is the ghost doctor.

Uh this is probably a translation mistake but... anyone else weird out that the father calls his son "big brother"?

@annfran @nanaya @ep2eka
The betrothal gifts are gifts given from the groom side to the brides family. While the brides family prepares the dowry to go with the bride. So normally that stuff goes to the family.

I think the father is shocked because while he heard of "some people bringing gifts" he hadn't been informed of his daughter getting married.

@Lorraine not just here but Chp 209 too.

In 209 the family head says his grandparents are coming.
Then in 210 he greets them as mother and father, while his son greets them as great grandparents. Su Xi greets them as mother and father as well. But the elder calls the family head brother twice.
It's confusing.

The betrothal gifts may just be for Su Xi since Jiu gives her a list of the gifts and tells her to keep it safe. But in that same chapter the elder says the box is not on the list.... sooooo.......

Fed-Kun's army
Indeed a bit confusing. Hoping it will get clear in the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
i kind of feel like this might be a test for the bride's family. will be interesting to see what everybody tries to do.

Group Leader
@Rerechan8 correct the family titles are messed up.

they are su xi’s and the eldest brother’s parents and as such her nephew’s paternal grandparents
So they should’ve been greeted as father, mother and grandfather, grandmother. They somewhat erroneously translated 祖父 - zufu, 祖母 - zumu ( somewhat formal title for paternal grandfather and grandmother respectively. As opposed to the more informal pops and granny ) as great, grandfather and great, grandmother. It might’ve read better as respected grandfather and grandmother or just ignored

@Lorraine
As for the elder calling his son (blue sleeves) “brother”, they’re on crack. The word in the raw was 老大 -lao da ( Old-Eldest) which is an affectionate way to call the eldest child. ( Bonus If Su Xi is the 5th child she can be called lao wu Old-Five by her fam )

Group Leader
I’ve got a good hope for the family as they mostly address each other quite affectionately. When they tell their grandfather that it’s the aunt’s betrothal gifts they actually call her gu-gu or aunty. So hopefully they’ll patiently wait for the dowry

Users who are viewing this thread