The Girl, the Shovel, and the Evil Eye - Vol. 2 Ch. 7

Dex-chan lover
I was wondering if they would use his Backstory for some kind of redemption but it just gave a framework how he became such a bastard and let him die with a shitton of regrets. Quite unusual for Mangas but I approve.

Dex-chan lover
Well that was mildly satisfying.
I'm glad that the guy actually had some form of a backstory. It adds more depth to his character, instead of him being some two-bit villain.

Aggregator gang
The back story doesn't have to make you feel sympathetic.
Idk why everyone feels that just cause an author adds a backstory to even the scumbag characters that they are obliged to "Feel bad"
Or something.
It adds character and reasoning to the actions. Not just some plain and simple character who is just some random thug.
Flat character would be if he was just there with no backstory at all, plain dialogue and no inner thoughts.
3 dimensional characters are better cause we at least get to see what type of person they might have been before. Although i'm sure he will run into worse people later, who weren't ever good their entire lives pretty much.

wow he was such a nice guy, until the "fat giant showed up", well karma came looking for him in the end Xd.

Dex-chan lover
Cool but anticlimactic as well... Huh, dunno how to feel about this one...

Ahh, finally...
But oof on the wait until he dives into the garbage hole to scoop her back out.
🤪

... 🤔
Now I'm curious if the other 'bad guys' died too. To clean any loose ends I'm hoping they are, but I have a feeling they aren't, probably just unconscious or something...
Edit: Nevermind, checked the raws out a bit.
Not saying anything specific, but it was just as, if not more satisfying from the but I checked. Absolutely can't wait for the tl

Contributor
Web/Light Novel readers, please confirm that douchebag Dan is actually, unequivocally, physically dead and stays dead (no resurrection), and not just "spiritually" dead or some BS.

Dex-chan lover
Well, in the end he’s responsible for his poor life choices. Dying with regret is suitable considering what he did.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
@InfiniteParadox I agree that it doesn't make you feel sympathetic, but I don't think that's a bad thing in this case. While unnecessary verbosity in side characters can be an issue, to me this doesn't have that problem and instead gives some sense to the side characters rather than being a complete cardboard cutout, in turn making the world feel more alive and mortal. So while maybe the brevity of it comes of as cheap, I think in this case it played out well in serving its purpose for character development and was perfectly adequate for an early villain to further the plot (i.e. he didn't need to be that well developed or integrated, rather he just needed to to give the sense that the MC had just killed a real human being which I think it accomplished well enough)

Edit:

Nvm I misread the beginning of your post lol

Users who are viewing this thread