The Good Deeds of Old Adventurer Kane - Vol. 6 Ch. 21 - Lets have a save trip

Group Leader
@crookshanks
that bandit was disarmed and restrained by the time she thought of executing him. it'd be like a cop putting a bullet into someone after they've been handcuffed.

Dex-chan lover
so young and courting dead... probably he will turn into a bandit when he gets older.

Dex-chan lover
Kid's in the right. Kane shows up out of nowhere with his Japanese-style herbivore "killing is wrong" bullshit and tries to play the heroic moral high ground while the villagers have to deal with the aftermath.

Ana should have killed them.

Dex-chan lover
@Fusang true, my cop analogy was pretty weak lol. but hes clearly running off of that no one has the right to kill anyone ever shit and I think its kind of ridiculous, especially in a mideival/fantasy setting. kane isnt even an isekai MC, him having ultra pure modern shounen values in a world that is functionally berserk is just weird

Dex-chan lover
@broadsword80 I am 95% sure it has nothing to do with the bandits and more that he is a representative of that Randal character (That I totally forgot who that is). The bandit reacted to the banner, he announced it, everyone reacts like "Wait, Randall never does anything to benefit us, what is going on", kid looks harder at the banner and acts like all the adults want to but social standing stops them.

Tldr: Randal has done absolutely fuck all to help them before, disbelief that they are representing Randall to help them now.

So Im guessing When Randal was under mind control from the demon, the demon made him do things that could have cause this village to be hurt or something, but we have to wait and see why the boy and the villagers are question about Randal wanting to help .

Dex-chan lover
"Why show up now of all time" - Local kid angry at the person who just rescued them from bandits.

I know he's a kid and there's probably some events in the past leading to this resentment, but really?

The people were caught as bandits a year ago. Right now, they haven’t actually hurt anyone in the village (the mage said that only the “thieves” are injured), and they tried to explain that they were doing their job. Most likely, they’re being employed as hired muscle by the local noble—the guy who has already been shown doing things that could incite a war on the border.

That’s probably also why the boy freaked out once he recognized Kane wearing the Duke’s coat of arms: he’s convinced that the nobles are behind the suffering in his village (and they may very well be).

And complaining about Kane is kinda pointless. His character is literally built around the notion that he’s the embodiment of kindness. That’s why he caught people’s attention in the first place, and that’s literally what enabled him to subdue and redeem a goddess of destruction. Don’t expect that to change any time soon.

Dex-chan lover
@PimpToad to think people who are for the bandit to be punished are edgelord you must be retarded... even more when you say that there are no proof they were going to rob and kill.
So tell me Mr genius was this guy going to have a chat or rape this women?
ZkgryfM.png

Dex-chan lover
@Fusang it wont... there was no place nor food in medieval time for rapist killer and robber. that's why they where executed. They dont have the ressources to let them live.

Users who are viewing this thread