The Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation - Ch. 152

Ayeee his wife wei ying came to save his husband , that su she is a fricking bastard how dare you

Thanks for the translation!
I am little confused, did he jump in front of the arrow or was he the target?

Just reading this makes me remember my love for this series and the author. Like damn, she did so good. I also like how they added a little blush. :)

You got to admit monumental shithole things that happened to Wei Ying was all because of small-but significant blunder of Su She. If he died early to the Water Abyss A LOT of things won't happen.

Actually I don't know if it's different here but in the donghua they make it clear that Su She was aiming for Wei Ying because he was making sure the monster's attention wouldn't be drawn back to them. Or to him, specifically, because he only cares about himself, because he's the Worst.

Thank you for translating this!

@Licilou

Really? I don't remember that part well in the donghua, but it's weird because the book makes it clear that it was an accident :

"Wei WuXian was inspecting the area of the cave as he backed away with the fires. Suddenly, pain burst through his arm. Looking down, he saw that he had been shot by an arrow. It turned out that the Lan Sect disciple that Lan WangJi had glared at picked up one of the bows the Wen Sect had left and shot at the beast. However, perhaps realizing how fearsomely agile it was, his hand had slipped and the arrow had lost its aim, landing on Wei WuXian instead. Wei WuXian had no time to pull it out, hitting the ground with his palm again. He only cursed after the flame had appeared, “Back off!! Don’t cause me any trouble!”

The disciple had originally wanted to hit the beast’s vital spot with just one shot, so that he could save some of the face that he had lost. However, he never expected it to turn out like this. Face paler than ever, he threw himself into the water and fled as fast as he could. Jiang Cheng hurried Wei WuXian, “Get over here!”"

(From Exiled Rebels' translation, chapter 53, part 3)

those two boys, sacrificing themselves for each other, my heart 😍

But Su She should have died here, tbh. It would have saved a lot of later angst

Users who are viewing this thread