The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All - Vol. 1 Ch. 37 - The World’s Most Beautiful Sound

Dex-chan lover
The next words out of her mouth better be some variation on “I wanted to go on a date with you, you moron!”
”D-d-d-d-date?!”
We can hope, but this is some real-ass teenage shet set in a very heteronormative society.
It can take a lot of internal wrestling to wrap ones head around a rainbow.
Who knows what kind of “yeah, but no, but yeah, but kinda? But maybe not? But I hope… but no, but please, but why but how but I’m scared but I’m happy but….”

I grew up in the 80s and 90s USA, which was worse than Japan is now, but Japan ain’t exactly a paradise…
You can be in love and know you’re in love and not admit it at the same time.
“I am, but I can’t, so I’m not. I wish I was but I’m not so I can’t but…”
I mean, it’s not great in the USA, now either, but there’s at least an AWARENESS of gayness everywhere.

N2O

Dex-chan lover
Oohhhhhhh I love where this is going, next ch is going to be awesome :wooow:

We can hope, but this is some real-ass teenage shet set in a very heteronormative society.
It can take a lot of internal wrestling to wrap ones head around a rainbow.
[snip]

having lived in japan and had many lesbian relationships in japan, i think it’s no worse than the US in the early-mid 2010s. It’s not at the gen z “gender is a myth” stage but it’s way better than people think it is because there’s the whole “don’t talk about private stuff publicly” aspect of the culture has been rendered slightly moot by the internet.

The issue is mainly recognizing you are queer and due to the internet it’s come a long way from where it was and moved faster than the US. it’s ot some super foreign concept like it used to be.

i went to plenty of live houses where you could see clear lesbian couples etc. dating apps have filled in some of the problems of discovery but you still have to realize it.

Users who are viewing this thread