The Healing Solaris Cleric

Fed-Kun's army
The main unique characteristics of this comic is that 1) the mc plays a healer/priest class in the MMORPG setting and 2) he will always help people who are in need. The game setting and mechanics are pretty stereotypical.
Because he helped so many NPCs without reward, he unlocks a super special class given by one of the in-game gods. This class gives him a very powerful damage ability as well as the "Kindness" stat. The Kindness stat is completely broken game-wise: every time he does a good deed, he gets +1 Kindness. Each stat in Kindness becomes a bonus added to EVERY OTHER STAT. Although this is a fun idea, my main issue with it is this turns his help towards others into a way more transactional relationship.

The comic also treates the mc like they're a saint/wierdo for liking to help NPCs, even though in reality it's not that unusual lol.

I personally enjoy this one quite a bit. It's a nice break as it's obviously a "good ending" kind of plot. However, I can see it not being for everyone as the story takes a generally black/white view on good/evil, and is a pretty standard OP character wish-fulfillment story.

Supporter
This is definitely formulaic, nothing particularly noteworthy at all, but it's nicely done. It's an enjoyable read with nice art.

It's quite shallow and boring. If you like this genre, go for it. But again it doesn't bring much to the table.

Dex-chan lover
This feels like a sociopath wrote a story about what they imagine "kind" people to be like.

At one point, MC says something along the lines of "I help people because i like it when they show gratitude". That's not being kind, that's just needing social validation. It's neutral behavior with an equal potential for good or evil. Not only that, but this MC is no less petty and spiteful than the common scoundrel MCs like Grid. This MC's moral compass is, impressively, even more shallow than a shounen protagonist. It's not even a kiddy pool, it's just a puddle that will dry up when the sun comes out.

I honestly despise this story and this protagonist.

If you see someone dealing with a problem and you are able to help resolve the problem, you should simply do so. You should help because you are able to, it's not something that anyone needs to be thanked or rewarded for. It's just the correct and obvious course of action.

It's called conscientiousness. Doing things to the best of your ability for the sake of wanting to do well.

Users who are viewing this thread