The Hero Took Everything from Me, So I Partied with the Hero’s Mother! - Ch. 1 - "True MILF" version

Group Leader
It's all real, just there weren't that many changes to begin with lmao. It's mainly Ufufus than it is Aras, and even then, there were few and the Ufufus only came in half way through.

You all asked for this lol.

Dex-chan lover
Damn. I thought we're getting the uncensored version or smth like that 😔

...Well this is pointless and needlessly misleading. For anyone else out of the loop and completely confused what the difference is between the versions if sviiseven's comment left you with more questions than answers.

The translator basically added in a couple of redundant weeb lines at the beginning of the milf character's sentences...that's it...
Personally I don't think it should qualify as its own separate release, never mind titling it in a way that makes it sound like there's extra content or something.

I guess I'll just add in a bunch of sex sfx noises onto the pages and dub it "Super Ultra Milf" version. If you think I'm being too harsh here, just imagine if everyone decided to start doing this for every release. Your update feeds would be rife with chapters that add basically nothing to an existing release.

Dex-chan lover
"Fine! We added the 'ara-ara's - are you happy now?!"

t05WYrF.png

Dex-chan lover
...Well this is pointless and needlessly misleading. For anyone else out of the loop and completely confused what the difference is between the versions if sviiseven's comment left you with more questions than answers.

The translator basically added in a couple of redundant weeb lines at the beginning of the milf character's sentences...that's it...
Personally I don't think it should qualify as its own separate release, never mind titling it in a way that makes it sound like there's extra content or something.

I guess I'll just add in a bunch of sex sfx noises onto the pages and dub it "Super Ultra Milf" version. If you think I'm being too harsh here, just imagine if everyone decided to start doing this for every release. Your update feeds would be rife with chapters that add basically nothing to an existing release.
Bruh, you haven't been reading the credit pages have you. He didn't add in from nowhere, it was in the raws but the TL intentionally chose not to put it in because of his own opinions. Imagine if the Doctor doctor scene from "Spies Like Us" had the prefix and title "Dr." removed because it annoyed someone in the editing department. It was in the original so it should be left in. Whether or not if it is overplayed/annoying ect. is for the reader to decide about the manga as a whole.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
If it was "araras" in the original, then they should have been kept like that in the first place or change them and not make another ver. This is really unnecessary as the changes are so small.

Hell, the repetitiveness of the araras and whatever might be a characteristic thing or just playing into the trope, imo I think the araras should be kept and not changed into a "similar" expression.

my 2 cents. I don't think the alt ver. function is for things like this.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, if you can't meme it up like this with the ARAs and UFUFUs, then why even bother?

Massive improvement, 15/10

Bruh, you haven't been reading the credit pages have you. He didn't add in from nowhere, it was in the raws but the TL intentionally chose not to put it in because of his own opinions. Imagine if the Doctor doctor scene from "Spies Like Us" had the prefix and title "Dr." removed because it annoyed someone in the editing department. It was in the original so it should be left in. Whether or not if it is overplayed/annoying ect. is for the reader to decide about the manga as a whole.
I'm not questioning if the lines should or shouldn't be in the translated chapter. I'm saying the change is extremely minor and if they wanted to revise the chapter and add in those lines, fine. Just don't make an entire new chapter entry and tag it with a name that will mislead people into thinking there's new content in it. Pick one and make that the chapter upload from them.

But on a personal note, irrespective of the problem I'm focusing on here. I think it adds basically nothing to those scenes and just seems like a very strange decision because some readers need reinforcement that this is a Japanese property. I get that some words or meanings can't be translated verbatim from Japanese to English, but there are smarter ways in the case of "ara ara" which means "oh my" and "ufufu" is straight up just laughing so we have completely reasonable ways in English (which doesn't lose the context of who it's coming from) for conveying that without resorting to Roumaji.

But it's a minor gripe, my personal opinion and not something I would've made a post about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread