The Heroic Legend of Arslan

I'm sad this is up to 57 chapters only on Crunchyroll. I mean, Crunchyroll is good in the way it pays for licenses, but Arslan Senki is literally the only thing I'd bother to read on Crunchy. I'm not going to buy a subscription for a single chapter a month.

This manga is very different compared to the anime. Written by the guy who did Legend of the Galactic Heroes and drawn by Fullmetal alchemist author, you will find this a very intriguing story as it progresses and separates from the anime's point of view. Worth a try. You won't regret it. Not everything is going to be so light hearted later on..

This is actually good but boring.
Boring...subjectively.
There are many good examples out there about government political issues, but this one is not as powerful as the version of the novel. Take a look Altair, in the same league as a shounen historical manga, but more did a good job on its theme.

Maybe I'm wrong, but.. yeah, I dropped this.

Aggregator gang
Actually for me the Altair is boring one so yeah, it depends on people. If you enjoyed old LoGH then you know what to expect from the author, Arakawa-sensei's art is top notch and fits with the thema.

Yeah, it doesn't seem like it's released here? A shame bc it's actually really good; most of the characters are solid imo and the story is pretty good. Humor's good, and art by Arakawa in a more fantasy setting.

Aggregator gang
This is great! I've caught up with the latest English scans I can see so far, but huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuuhuhuh I hope it all gets uploaded here! I love this series!!!

So I've seen how Yoshiki Tanaka's novel ended this series, and I'm honestly disappointed. So I checked the original source - basically the text where he loosely based it, which is Amir Arsalan, and found the ending much better (http://www.complete-review.com/reviews/iran/arsalan.htm). Granted, there's no English translation, but the fact that Arslan never gave up and got a happy ending were what I preferred more. So I'm just crossing my fingers and trust in what Arakawa-sensei will deliver since she's not the type to do "realistic" endings just for the edginess of it.

Contributor
the only problem in this is that arslan does absolutely nothing heroic and even less anything legendary.

Daryun is as tasty as ever! Middle aged mom approves! Hell I’ve been reading this for too long.

Dex-chan lover
From what i remembered, it is a nice story in the beginning. But the more it is going, it went dumber and thicker with plot armor. Really a disappointment

Group Leader
I can't wait for my favorite characters to die, because >Tanaka Yoshiki 😂

Users who are viewing this thread