The Heroine Had an Affair With My Fiancé - Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
Man.. I wish I could enjoy spicy food but even too much ground pepper and I need milk. :angery:

Aggregator gang
man i'm dropping it now. most of the events just happened for the connivence of the plot with little build up. the characters are a bit shallow, i wish she spent a bit more time dwelling on their feelings, bc there's a lot of potential there. i was really hooked when we found out that the protag was cheated on by several partners in both her past and previous life, but she doesn't seem to have any sort of distrust of people or cynicism on love. i was really invested when we saw hints of her empathizing with the countess a few chapters back, but it's over in a flash. she's in this relationship with rei without a hitch basically, she's shown to be friends with Ty/the heroine but she isn't really bothered by the fact that Ty hooked up with her fiancee nor does she acknowledge Ty as a person? it's more like she sees and treats her like a character even though they've been friends for years?, the fiancee himself is ridiculously one dimensional.

i say all this but I didn't mind too much bc it's a quick short read. i was like yeah this could be a fun turn off my brain read. but this is kinda ridiculous now. it's giving me a headache. you mean to tell me that she plans on telling her parents that she was able to procure enough money for a count to live comfortably by selling spicy chicken skewers? of all the noble lady businesses she chose to sell street food? like having protags that are perfumers, or coffee enthusiasts, or stationary, or tea, or fancy pastries is too overdone what can of industry can she get into that makes her rich? hmm what about being a street vendor? like mom dad don't marry me off for money, im gonna be a franchisee, im gonna open sooo many dragon skewer shops im gonna be the next chikfila! i can't bro it's too much for me.

don't mind my essay LOL im just upset bc it could be great but it severely undercuts itself. the interesting parts are the mc's past with cheaters, the fact that Ty basically worships Ceilla and is kinda in love/obsessed/dependent on her, and the mc's curse/family (mainly bc we've been kept in the dark about it but also bc it doesn't make too much sense).

Dex-chan lover
you mean to tell me that she plans on telling her parents that she was able to procure enough money for a count to live comfortably by selling spicy chicken skewers? of all the noble lady businesses she chose to sell street food? like having protags that are perfumers, or coffee enthusiasts, or stationary, or tea, or fancy pastries is too overdone what can of industry can she get into that makes her rich? hmm what about being a street vendor? like mom dad don't marry me off for money, im gonna be a franchisee, im gonna open sooo many dragon skewer shops im gonna be the next chikfila! i can't bro it's too much for me.
My dude, your observations are absolutely hilarious. Personally, I didn't mind this chicken shtick because I was reading the manhwa with my brain turned off in advance, but now that you point it out, it's really... meh. It's probably just a start for her guild/brand, but it feels kinda weak, and there's not much ingenuity behind it.

At least in What's Wrong with Being the Villainess? the heroine introduced modern marketing techniques, unleashing the whole arsenal of exploitative capitalistic tricks on an unsuspecting audience. It was really amusing to follow the steps she took to reach unprecedented success, as well as see her competitors fail even when mimicking her because they didn't quite understand the rules yet.
Here though... wow, very chicken, much spicy.

Dex-chan lover
I think you all need to read chapter 25 lol
Tho i agree from being the cool guild, selling chicken skewer is a let down.

Users who are viewing this thread