The Heroine of Drayfox - Ch. 19

Im so happy that the mother took him out of that situation as soon as she realized. I was already irritated af with that one tutor who was so mean to him! Thanks for the translations!!

Dex-chan lover
So his grandma is an abusive justno lady who was basically constantly threatening her grandson and controlling him (when he's 4!)to try to shape him into her desired way.

And I guess his dad hadnt shined his spine to be able to see how she was damaging his son and his mum didn't realise the extent of the abuse until the little ones headbutted each other.

I'm glad they caught it but I wouldn't be surprised if that awful grandmother gave him a bit of a trauma...

Either way tho theyre adorable and super sweet.

Dex-chan lover
@riflow seems that the monarchy it's sort of based from Korean one were the mother of the ming or emperor had a lot of power.

That chapter was so sweet I’ve got diabetes now. No regrets.

Thanks for the update 😊

The chapter was cute, but it kinda weird seeing a 4 year-old saying another 4 year-old was pretty. I know it’s normal for children to crush on others, but it’s more like “I wanna play with them” more then “they’re pretty”, you know what I mean?

Double-page supporter
Oh god, my heart, the cinnamon rolls are too sweet! 😊

Dex-chan lover
In 10-12 years, when they'll enroll in a high class school (if it'll happen, idk) he will be the ultra cool guy, the one all females want but only Finea will have

I'm still judging the mother for never even checking up on her own son. I understand he has retainers and tutors and etc, but you're really telling me she never once stopped by him in the past 4 years or so to see how he's doing? One look at his tired face and cranky attitude would have told any mother what they needed to know. Well at least its all resolved now.

On another note, the prince and mc are so adorable! I hope they can continue being friends even when he has to return to the palace. Poor little prince has suffered enough now and should enjoy being a child.

Dex-chan lover
It wasn't a good decision by the author to hide the drama with the empress dowager off screen. although I suspect it's to keep it more in the order the main character encounters it, it made it too abrupt. I wonder if we will see a more extended fight, like the dowager fighting back.

In real Asian monarchies, the principle of filial piety tended to give real empress dowagers some serious political leverage. You can see that in a recent K-drama, "The Last Empress". Emperor or not, the monarch had to respect his mother's opinions, and she could often leverage that into some serious political power. The most extreme case visible to the West was the last empress dowager in China. Even though this is supposed to be a western culture, the writer is clearly going for something like that, here.

@Louzan I remember having a massive crush on a classmate in first grade.

Fed-Kun's army
Is it really the prince in the credits page?

@Louzan I remember thinking (and talking to my sis) about how I found a friend of same age “adorable/cute”, I still didn’t know for sure what feeling I had than, I was just 6 or 7... I think it’s a kind of admiration, where the other person looks angelic (or something along those lines)

Dex-chan lover
@ixsaz Yeah, it also seems like she's done nasty shit before and they were giving her her empress grandma privileges that she doesn't necessarily have a right to and now those seem to be getting revoked (thank god.)

Agreed with everyone else who thinks the parents should've been checking in with their baby more. How hurt he was and is is heartbreaking. He's only a year older than my little nephew and it's so sad seeing a kid be hurt like this. :c

Users who are viewing this thread