The Heroine of Drayfox - Ch. 23

@Gravitron

She may have the memories of an older adult but that doesn't stop you from acting like a child when you're that young. Quite frankly her brain isn't developed. Experience or not.

Double-page supporter
@Gravitron

it's very likely the change goes both ways. She's a 4 year old with the mind of a 18 year old, yes, but she's also a 18 year old with the body of a 4 year old. Our thoughts and emotions can be manipulated with hormones, and her body has been giving her brain 4 year old hormones for the last 4 years.

I'm sorry but I'm still not used to her (a 17+ year old girl) acting like a 4-year-old

@Geohie @Slavin You both do have a point, but if we think about it, memories, while adapting with our current emotions and hormones released, the effect taking place won't go to such an extent. I'll be talking mostly from experience, but a depressed person will most likely draw negative memories more often, and even the happy times might appear slightly distorted, but the fact that there's at least joy won't go away. That's the whole reason why there's the whole "Depressed but don't want to die" kind of thing. I think our own thoughts can also combat hormones e.g. endorphins etc. Like how people who do sports can be depressed despite the happiness hormones

Also what does "acting like a child" truly means? Every person is different from each of their own, and while most do have something in common - curiosity, personality, etc, they might not be this energetic all the time. And on top of that, the determiner is, I believe, your inner thoughts, your likes, and dislikes, as well as knowledge.

From my own experience, as far as I remember it, I was quite an active kid as others described me, but it calmed down a little after I 'gained my first consciousness', although it didn't change a complete 180 degree. I believe it's because of the 'inner thoughts' I had, or 'voice of your inner self', if you'd prefer. Heck, I think my 4-year-old self is more mature than this

Now, now, our lovely MC actually possesses a huge chunk of knowledge and 'inner thoughts' which I guess are passed on through the soul, so it shouldn't have completely changed her

Users who are viewing this thread