The Horizon - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - The Strange Man: Part 4

Dex-chan lover
Well, shit. He was a danger in the end after all. But just as they got out of the frying pan, they're now in the fire. The one man expressing his distaste over their actions gives me hope that him, or people like him, will try to help these two escape.

The dude was clearly some homeless guy who never felt love from others before. Kinda sad really. I honestly hoped that they’d become friends then that fucker decides to fucking rape a girl. Not cool man

Group Leader
From the previous chapters’ comments, I heard the girl gets/almost got raped. After that, I was on edge per every chapter, anxiously anticipating for the horrid scene to occur.

Never thought the boy would murder him. Although, it doesn’t seem completely improbable. Also, just when I thought those two would have a nice, heartwarming moment-

Dex-chan lover
See, that was exactly the shit I was seriously hoping they wouldn't jump to when they handled the old man. I knew it from the very beginning they were going to go there since it's one of the most obvious ways to evoke a reaction from the reader, but it's basically the go-to panic button in every "dark" series so all I can do is lament they couldn't think of anything else.

Pretty much have the new guys figured out too, I'm sure.

The man was an animal. Pitiful, yes, but he'd thrown away his humanity, and at the end of the day what happened was justice.

@sirflimflam yeah it's the go to button in all dark series but that's probably because it works and it's not about the moment specific which makes it work, the the details culminating to the moment. At first, you're introduced to the man and you're suspicious but those innocent eyes make you want to trust him and then it crumbles at the moment and then he explodes. I thought that was perfect execution, because what else could the series have done? Some series just squishes it in there to fill out all the checkboxes of a dark series but others know how to incorporate it and make it work.

I hope these babies will find somewhere safe. I knew that old guy was a creep. Good riddance.

Users who are viewing this thread