The Hundred Ghost Stories That Led to My Death - Vol. 7 Ch. 68 - The Red Book

Dex-chan lover
What I am curious about is if maybe there is another reason besides his abusive parents that Yuuma wants to kill himself, and what does he think will happen when he finishes with his 100 stories. Not sure if he thinks he will die due to it, because for that matter wouldn't there been a lot of ways to kill yourself instead of relying in some random ritual ?
Your post got me thinking, what is Yuuma’s goal with all of this. So I went back to reread chapter 1. If he wanted to die, what he appeared to attempt in chapter 1 would have been his end.

In chapter 1, The line that starts with ”hey did Hina tell you about the 100 ghost stories…” - was it Yuuma who said the line and who was he speaking to? That question has a rectangle arranged around it. I believe the rectangle is a picture frame.

The next words mention that when it’s finished, real ghosts appear. I think that’s his goal, not his death.

I think that Yuuma is talking to a framed picture of a deceased loved one (our reader perspective), and that he hopes to see the ghost of that pictured person when all 100 are done.

Maybe it was someone who suffered the same abuse he is now, at the hands of the same people.

edit: thanks for the chapter

He smuggled us to a questioning room at the police station! The change in “our” location really ramps up the tension in the story. The ghost story…I think the book was possessed, a clever trap set for desperate students willing to put their hopes into a tattered study guide. A recipe for disaster, with pulling all nighters, weak from loneliness. Book was upstairs, then appeared at the fall site to reveal the sticky note with the only line of praise.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
"Who is that?"

So the in-universe audience surrogate was a humanoid figure after all, or a phone camera that's actually connecting to someone via video call. Spoopy as hell, especially if the person on the other end is actually human. That is a very likely possibility considering the theme of the story Yuuma told this time (a ghost inciting people to commit self deletion). Thinking back, Yuuma's stories often have vibes of him trying to express his own feelings or situation albeit in a roundabout way.

I'd be pissed off if it turned out he is doing a livestreaming series, planning to have it up until his actual suicide, to an audience of 2ch trolls
I don't think it's a live stream but whatever Yuuma is telling the story to might be supernatural in nature..

Dex-chan lover
"We're" finally being addressed I truly wonder how and what he has been talking to us from and if we'll see what we look like

Users who are viewing this thread