The Ideal Sponger Life - Vol. 14 Ch. 60 - Capua Royal Family

Dex-chan lover
No I think that was her dad. Chapter 1, Page 23 confirms that all her blood related immediate family members were killed during the last war, and she summoned the MC because he's the only other member of her bloodline left.

In a world where the position and authority of the Royal family is jeopardized just because the current female ruler married a male, she wouldn't marry someone from the same country if she could and risk them overthrowing her.
Yeah, he looked too old to be Marco, the last King and I believe her older brother. He looked more the age of the previous generation, so her father and who Marco took the place of (I could be misremembering his name, but I am pretty sure it's Marco).

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, he looked too old to be Marco, the last King and I believe her older brother. He looked more the age of the previous generation, so her father and who Marco took the place of (I could be misremembering his name, but I am pretty sure it's Marco).
Wasn’t the last king Carlos? Thats why Ignes refer to the baby as Carlo-zen because she refer to the previous king as “prince Carlos” and feels uncomfortable calling someone else prince carlos. She was his maid before being king so thats why he still thinks of him as prince Carlos.

Dex-chan lover
Regarding what Aura says on page 14:

It will be a red dress, so I do think it will be conflicting with the color of your hair and eyes.

You would think she would say it more diplomatically as comes as kinda mean, which is surely not what Aura intends to say.

In contrast the official translation goes with:
The base color of the dress is going to be red, so I was afraid it might clash with your hair and eye color.

Which seems to be more fitting.

Contributor
Wasn’t the last king Carlos? That's why Ignes refer to the baby as Carlo-zen because she refer to the previous king as “prince Carlos” and feels uncomfortable calling someone else prince carlos. She was his maid before being king so that's why he still thinks of him as prince Carlos.
He wasn't King yet, otherwise they wouldn't be calling him "Prince". He was the heir to the throne and Aura's brother (I think), but he was never officially coronated before he was killed.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think blue and red would clash. If that's the case, you're mixing the wrong shades. Though if it is the national colours, you don't have that much of a choice in that. Still, clothing is more about matching to itself, rather than to hair and eye colour.
That's not totally true. You do in fact match clothes to itself. But have you ever noticed that a lot of pale skin people tend to wear darker colors and darker skin people wear more vibrant colors?

Basically the second feature of clothes is to highlight the wearer's features. So, you wear clothes and colors that compliment you. In Freya's case, white hair and blue eyes are more subdued colors so red/gold stands out distracting from her best features or something like that.

Dex-chan lover
Wasn’t the last king Carlos? Thats why Ignes refer to the baby as Carlo-zen because she refer to the previous king as “prince Carlos” and feels uncomfortable calling someone else prince carlos. She was his maid before being king so thats why he still thinks of him as prince Carlos.
He wasn't King yet, otherwise they wouldn't be calling him "Prince". He was the heir to the throne and Aura's brother (I think), but he was never officially coronated before he was killed.
Actually, a short story in one of the manga volumes reveals that Ignes (I think 7C's calls her Ines) was Prince Carlos' LOVER. (I think it was the volume where Carlos was born.)

While he never married (because he was infertile), his relationship with Ignes was such a well-known "secret" that Aura has to be stopped by Ignes herself from saying that she considers Ignes her AUNT when Carlos is born. This happens when Aura asks Ignes for permission to call the child Carlos (literally minutes after the birth). Aura says that child was only born because Prince Carlos did all of the legwork to create the world-hopping spell, but died before he could see it in use. While Aura wants to name the child in his honor, she wasn't sure if that name would cause Ignes emotional pain. The text implies that both Carlos and Ignes considered each other the love of their life (and that neither had other lovers and desperately wanted to have a child together) and that Ignes was devastated when Carlos died to the point that Aura views Ignes as Carlos' de-facto widow.

During the whole conversation, Ignes' main concern is Aura's position, mostly being more concerned about what it would do to Aura's reputation if the Capuan nobility found out that the QUEEN was asking permission of a MAID. While she does seem a little bit pained at the suggested name, she says she will be fine, justifying it as the closest thing to Prince Carlos having children.

So, the reason she refers to child Carlos as "Carlos-zen" is because calling him "Prince Carlos" makes her remember what she has lost. She will ONLY do so if she needs to refer to him in public where calling him anything other than "Prince Carlos" could ruffle some feathers.

As a side note in retrospect, that short story makes it pretty obvious why Aura always sends Ignes when Zenjirou needs to go somewhere for a longer period of time--Ignes has her absolute trust. The nobles of Capua KNOW that Ignes CANNOT be swayed--she cannot be swayed with political schemes or woo'd with marriage proposals like some of the other maids. (And her unending love for Prince Carlos would prevent her from EVER making a pass at Zenjirou under any circumstances.) Her loyalty to the royal family is ABSOLUTE because she is an unofficial member of the family.

Wow, this ended up as a bigger wall of text than I expected... Wait, do I need to mark this as a spoiler since it technically hasn't been revealed in the manga? Frankly, I'm not sure if it will EVER be discussed there due to the "taboo" nature and its inclusion in the volume extras.

*edit: Another nugget I remembered--Prince Carlos died of natural causes, not murder or war. From what I remember, it's not specified EXACTLY what caused it, but it was implied to either be A) the condition that left him infertile causing him to die young or B) he overworked himself when creating the world-hopping spell.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You would think she would say it more diplomatically as comes as kinda mean, which is surely not what Aura intends to say.
It kind of suits talking with Freya, though, since she's probably the least diplomatic of the three.

You do in fact match clothes to itself.
That's literally what I said.

But have you ever noticed that a lot of pale skin people tend to wear darker colors and darker skin people wear more vibrant colors?
Where I live most people wear darker clothes unless it's summer, when they wear brighter clothes. Not so much about skin colour. Colours are more about culture and situation.

The only thing about skin colour I prefer is to not wear colours close to your skin colour anywhere adjacent to your skin, with the exceptions of underwear you don't want to shine through and extra fabric for modesty.

Basically the second feature of clothes is to highlight the wearer's features.
That's more about form than specific colours, though. For that, colours are more about light, dark, or vibrant, and less about shades.

In Freya's case, white hair and blue eyes are more subdued colors so red/gold stands out distracting from her best features or something like that.
I disagree with that. White goes with almost as many colours as black does. And as a hair colour, it's less subdued than most other hair colours, except bright red and orange, and some punk colours.

Dex-chan lover
https://mangadex.org/chapter/947fd653-fb47-4f10-8e6f-fff49505e503/26

From this conversation, he was technically king even though he lasted less than a year. She still thinks of him as prince because she served him while he was a prince and he wasn’t king for long to override those memories.

Dex-chan lover
https://mangadex.org/chapter/947fd653-fb47-4f10-8e6f-fff49505e503/26

From this conversation, he was technically king even though he lasted less than a year. She still thinks of him as prince because she served him while he was a prince and he wasn’t king for long to override those memories.
As I recall from the novel translation, he was coronated during the civil war, and never got to actually rule, which is what caused that more than anything. Also thank you for the correction on the name.

Users who are viewing this thread