The Impregnable Demon King's Castle and the Expelled Black Mage of the Hero's Party

@turkeyjerkey yeah , the genre is lacks in everything, isekai genre has been like this nowadays, cant expect much from this genre, might as well want to give up expecting something new.

still i kept hold my opinion regarding the authors and reader, since people has differ taste, that is something that cant be judge yourself.

The logic and backstory is weak, but the characters and art are good enough for a casual reading.
Don't expect quality storytelling.

Double-page supporter
This description makes no sense, how can you be part of anything that gets ranked _4th in the world_ and not be wanted for recruitment?

@marcyvq

I think it has to do with is own class. Unlike other classes in this world the Black mage has no flashy special moves. It's not like Final Fantasy Black mages who hold mastery over the Elements, but rather the Black mages are more akin to status inflicters.

Because this world encourages flashy combat it leaves the black Mages to be seen as unnecessary and not very hype. Since this world seems to react like competitive Melee tournament spectators.

So even if his magic is actually great and can actually turn the tide of the battle, because it's "Boring" most people assume it's bad.

The description makes it looks so generic, but im impressed what I read so far. The world building is good and the characters are likeable. I can feel more the drama rather than the comedy here, which makes it kind of unique.

@johnallan20 Sometimes I come to the comments to see what people have to say before I read something, and the first thing I saw was your comment and yea I like this read. Thanks :)

What is the limit of humanity. Long titles simply aren't enough, we must go even further beyond.

@Turkeyjerkey
Honestly, the isekai genre and the related fantasy/kicked out of the hero's party genre aren't any more reductive or generic than most/any other genre out there. There's a ton of generic and bland romantic comedies out there. Ditto with fantasy, sci-fi, superhero stories, romance, horror, sports, dystopian YA, etc. I mean, just think of how many superheroes there are out there who are rich men who went off to the Orient to gain mystic or secret knowledge/martial arts and who returned to their city (and privilege) to fight crime. I can think of a dozen off the top of my head. But occasionally you come across true gems.

This isn't one of them, but it's entertaining enough, with a bit of a variety in that it treats dungeon raiding as a pro sport.

Its a good manga. Good and unique story. However it updates sooooooooooo sssslllloooooooooooowwwwwwww. So the pacing equally feels as slow.

Wow are the people in this world retards, just because a class isn't showy it's useless.... How can't they understand how black magician is a broken class to have in a party. His old party will in all likelihood find that their progress will slow or outright stop and fail to kill upcoming floor bosses.

Users who are viewing this thread