The Isekai Returnee is Too OP for the Modern World - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - VS Yakuza

The art organization in this chapter is fucking chaos, lost some of my respect for this series...

Dex-chan lover
A chapter that is not cut in 3478574 parts? What is this heresy?

"The insurance paid the majority of the debt"
"There is just a little more"
"She just gotta work there for 10 years"
Sounds super legit.

Gotta say that i've been reading manga/manhwa/manhua for gods know how long and this is THE FIRST time i see someone talk about a debt related issue with some logic. Yeah, OF FUCKING COURSE you dont gotta pay someone else's debt even if he is from your family.
But well, its not like you can call it "even" if they already took the money from the insurance. And its not like you have "removed them from the streets" by just beating a thug...

Group Leader
Oh, what a pleasant surprise, a full collected chapter rather than split apart piecemeal.

And Goddamn you censorship! Godddamn you to hell!

Dex-chan lover
@nobaka Of course rape is pretty scary. But that doesn't mean it's good storytelling to have every villain that shows up threaten to rape the female characters.

Fed-Kun's army
@tuatara1 EXACTLY!! Its just shock value and a bad one at that. It just pisses me off.

Thats exactly why i hate SAO, feels like every season someone has to be almost a rape victim

When a translation is this good, poorly translated words stick out like a sore thumb. Divine Providence: A state of having needs provided for by divinity, a form of salvation from necessity. This doesn't translate to "the way things work because of heaven's/god's will". translations of religious concepts probably should be "clunky" between east and west, they're very different religions so their jargon should also be very different.

MD@Home
@Rin2k that's fine, and I can see that people hate how she conveys her opinions, that's just a part of her character. But she's not wrong, I don't think.
@AbhiAssassin obviously murayama shouldn't be gouging random people's eyes out (not even abeno's doing that) but she should be doing all she can to stand up for herself. Keep in mind that the businessman of a yakuza has yet to have reached the point of forcing her to sell herself, their family could obviously still work something out. Abeno is not being carried by the MC in this instance, she probably has the power herself to take on the entire yakuza even without that levelup powerup, fuck the MC said this himself in the same chapter. Either way, fighting back does not mean you have to go violent, you just have to resist to the best of your ability, whether that means to try your hardest to hunt down monsters to not fall in last or work your ass off with your family to pay your debts in a less questionable manner.
To be honest, I just really liked how abeno called her out for that, it was cathartic. There's way too many dramas out there where the characters dig deeper holes for themselves for "realism" and contrived drama, and are generally trainwrecks that always choose the worst option because "that's what people do".

Ok, time to debunk shitty smug anime character logic.
1. If "weakness is a sin", then Abeno should have been long dead by now, she was powerless and far weaker than the rest of her family, so she should have been dead for far longer than kaichou here
2. yakuza organizations generally exist because of three things, though not necessarily all three things, 1. intimidation. most yakuza organizations are intimidating enough to deter people from just going in and slaughtering them. 2. ties to government. some yakuza organizations, mostly the ones that are more like mafias than drug dealer/assassination organizations, have ties to government, either having intimidated some officials into not arresting them or straight up having yakuza or yakuza sympathetic members be officials, making them significantly harder to deal with legally. 3. scope. most yakuza organizations are vast, multiregional organizations, or they have other branches in other territories, meaning that there is the possibility that a neighboring yakuza organizations or family members of those disposed of could come and kill you, meaning that you would have to potentially kill a lot more people to not be targeted, meaning that the likelihood of 30 riot gear equipped police getting away with slaughtering an entire yakuza is... miniscule

Dex-chan lover
@tuatara1
agreed, it's a bit lazy to start with the (arguably) worst consequence

that said, people are pretty rapey

Dex-chan lover
pretty hypocritical of her to say that shit after what she's been through

Dex-chan lover
@Leo80221 Guess that prevents families for "killing" debt or committing suicide to protect family assets. Debts are still paid to an extent where I live, but it ain't as bs as that. Heirlooms can't be taken as debt coverage. Only money and the items they bought on credit. Don't think debtors get the property or any of the money from selling it as there are plenty of families that rely on inheritance to a degree and I'm talking those with bad luck, not those bad with money.

@Timevolt your no. 1 is wrong she may seem weak because the mc is just strong and she's not the weakest in her family the reason that she will be the sacrifice because her sister? cousin?(I forgot) prevents her from killing more ghost

Users who are viewing this thread