The Kicked Out S-Rank Appraiser Creates the Strongest Guild - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
I hate it when two people talk in public and everybody else doesn't react, as if the discussion happened in a whole other dimension or something.

Here, the girl from the previous guild, in tears, asking the MC: "Why did you leave?"
Her guildmaster to him, very explicitly: "We banished you."
Also, her guildmaster to her: "He is an enemy."
So, she should now know why he left, namely because her current guildmaster banished him. So, going by her apparent emotions, he is her enemy, not the MC.
But no. She just moves on with the current guildmaster as if she didn't have enough information to understand who's at fault.

So, either she actually doesn't care about the MC or she just ignored the whole conversation.
Either way, it's stupid and inconsistent.

Dex-chan lover
Man the faces...

It's also pretty stupid, from the reader's point of view, that the girl just doesn't quit that guild. I imagine there's a reason for that? If so, we haven't seen it yet really....
I have no evidence for this but I'd assume she's under contract. No reason to run a company and not hold employees to a contract

Double-page supporter
Man the faces...

It's also pretty stupid, from the reader's point of view, that the girl just doesn't quit that guild. I imagine there's a reason for that? If so, we haven't seen it yet really....
In the novel it says that
she's under contract and the golden hawk's contracts are pretty brutal when it comes to cancelling them early. In Jill's case it was a massive fine, and before she broke it they even lorded over her the potential to strip her of her adventurer's license.

Dex-chan lover
Man the faces...

She was lied to about why Laurent left, and from this conversation she probably has an idea about it but can't be sure about who started it / who's in the right, because all she really knows now is that Laurent + the guildmaster hate each other.

Since she's the one who "hands over the silverware to the bride", I assume that means she's personally handling the entries, and will probably get asked by the guildmaster to tamper with Chial's entry. That'll either be a reason for her to immediately leave, or to at least start trying, since I doubt she'd go through with an order like that.

Dex-chan lover
In the novel it says that
she's under contract and the golden hawk's contracts are pretty brutal when it comes to cancelling them early. In Jill's case it was a massive fine, and before she broke it they even lorded over her the potential to strip her of her adventurer's license.
I might've considered that it happened so quickly that she was still in shock, and that her resignation would come later. But, yeah...

...^that'll do it.

Dex-chan lover
She was lied to about why Laurent left, and from this conversation she probably has an idea about it but can't be sure about who started it / who's in the right, because all she really knows now is that Laurent + the guildmaster hate each other.
I disagree. The discussion was very explicit. Which is why I hate this chapter.

She should have at least reacted to the discussion, even if she has reasons she can't just up and quit her current guild.
Instead, she reacts exactly as if the two men said nothing about MC's firing when it is obvious that the guildmaster lied to both of them.

Dex-chan lover
All these "fired" stories have the same problem of making people cartoonishly evil for no reason.

The idea of the MC being fired isnt that insane, cus his only talent is to find other talented people to hire and if the guild grows too big and they decide to stop hiring then yeah its fair, not smart but fair. But the leader has to do all these cartoonishly evil things like send him to quests underequipped (why are you sending your recruiter to dungeons, do you also send your accountant and managers to the dung- WAIT THE MC'S MANAGER DID GO MINING) just so you could say he is underperforming, but why bother doing that if you are gonna lie to everyone and say he quit and hated everyone? why did you bother making false statistics to not use them? threatening other guilds to blacklist him just because evil.
Someone said that the WN explains that the leader was jealous that the MC was so popular and well liked and that he was gonna usurp him as leader, but thats a fucking lie? dude was supposed to be in charge of hiring and training most if not all of the guild and noone gave a single shit when he left? so much for being loved. Only the waifu gave half a fuck

Also the story tries to frame the MC as being such a good guy but he is really not that different from the leader. Putting aside the cartoonish evil shenanigans, the whole potential system exists and MC only cares about that. He will invest infinite money because he knows its an investment he will 100% reap benefits from sooner or later. The kid who wanted to do crafts but her parents didnt let her but MC hired etc, yeah thats a nice story but if her rank was D then he would have told her "tough luck" and left. Its jsut business. Have a high rank and he will shower you with money and a good work place because it is a good investment, but otherwise you can fuck off. During the interviews in the first chapter he was just looking at people's stats and ignoring everything they said. Its easy to be a good guy investor when you know 100% it will work.

Dex-chan lover
threatening other guilds to blacklist him just because evil.
I mostly agree with you, but I disagree with this one point.
It's not "just because evil", it's a rational decision: when you let go of your best asset, stupid as this decision is to begin with, your goal is not for the competition to pick it up.
Knowing how good at finding talents the MC is, it is logical that the guildmaster tried to prevent him from joining another guild. That would give said other guild the potential to grow quickly and rival his.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

I dunno what convoluted twist this will hurl down to but I hope it will be a satisfying one.

Dex-chan lover
I hate it when two people talk in public and everybody else doesn't react, as if the discussion happened in a whole other dimension or something.

Here, the girl from the previous guild, in tears, asking the MC: "Why did you leave?"
Her guildmaster to him, very explicitly: "We banished you."
Also, her guildmaster to her: "He is an enemy."
So, she should now know why he left, namely because her current guildmaster banished him. So, going by her apparent emotions, he is her enemy, not the MC.
But no. She just moves on with the current guildmaster as if she didn't have enough information to understand who's at fault.

So, either she actually doesn't care about the MC or she just ignored the whole conversation.
Either way, it's stupid and inconsistent.
Oh god! Thank you that very thing was RIGHT THERE on my mind. She was told he left, he confronted him IN FRONT OF HER about lying, he confirmed that he did indeed lie, she's still confused.....
Like how!? There's no way a character can be that damn stupid to not process simple information like that. They didn't speak in circles or use some kind of code, why didn't she kick his ass right then and there and then left!?

Dex-chan lover
juajRen.png
dude going to turn into gollum :ROFLMAO:
anyways the story is pretty bland. If it wasn't already 100% obvious, Lucius is the garbage dump of a character that only exists to shit on the MC and gaslight everyone into believing he's some piece of shit instead of him.

God these characters are something else for real.

Users who are viewing this thread