The Kicked Out S-Rank Appraiser Creates the Strongest Guild - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

Dex-chan lover
I hate it when two people talk in public and everybody else doesn't react, as if the discussion happened in a whole other dimension or something.

Here, the girl from the previous guild, in tears, asking the MC: "Why did you leave?"
Her guildmaster to him, very explicitly: "We banished you."
Also, her guildmaster to her: "He is an enemy."
So, she should now know why he left, namely because her current guildmaster banished him. So, going by her apparent emotions, he is her enemy, not the MC.
But no. She just moves on with the current guildmaster as if she didn't have enough information to understand who's at fault.

So, either she actually doesn't care about the MC or she just ignored the whole conversation.
Either way, it's stupid and inconsistent.
The main issue is space and pacing. Not that the plot of this story is overly complicated, but the author has to compress the conversation into the available pages, or extend the scene into the next chapter. Nether of which this author seems capable of doing without chopping the conversation into a botched dogmeat that we just read.

On the flipside I keep reading about how there are contracts that keep people in their place. However this just feels like a paper argument. Since the MC was so well liked and basicly recruited and trained 80% or better of the active members, I wonder what a mass walkout would look like to the people who enforce those contracts. Or conversely what's to stop that same group from ousting senior asshat from the leadership position. If his true motivation was jealousy and worry the MC wanted his position, then there is no reason others couldn't replace him as well.

Dex-chan lover
ugh.. man.. she sure is dumb..
asked why.. kept talking.. and didn't let him have his turn..
mc could've just talked right there by interjecting immediately..
this is not how a human with such issues/incident talk and react..
the whole thing is stupid..
and we waited for this for 3months lmao..

Dex-chan lover
On the flipside I keep reading about how there are contracts that keep people in their place.
I mentioned that in another comment. The girl might have reasons to stay in the current guild, but at the very least she should have some reaction.

She has a weak: "What is the meaning of this?" Then she doesn't react to anything else and seems to feel no outrage at the obvious lies that her jerk employer told to both the MC and her. Just regret that the MC is not in the guild anymore, which is something he had no control over. The one at fault is the guidmaster, so I'd expect something along the lines of: "wait until I report this to the other members." A look of anger, anything. Maybe frustration at her inability to quit due to contractual obligations or something along these lines.

Instead: "see, he's the enemy." And she accepts that meekly. Though he's the one who turned his appraiser into an "enemy".

Dex-chan lover
I mentioned that in another comment. The girl might have reasons to stay in the current guild, but at the very least she should have some reaction.

She has a weak: "What is the meaning of this?" Then she doesn't react to anything else and seems to feel no outrage at the obvious lies that her jerk employer told to both the MC and her. Just regret that the MC is not in the guild anymore, which is something he had no control over. The one at fault is the guidmaster, so I'd expect something along the lines of: "wait until I report this to the other members." A look of anger, anything. Maybe frustration at her inability to quit due to contractual obligations or something along these lines.

Instead: "see, he's the enemy." And she accepts that meekly. Though he's the one who turned his appraiser into an "enemy".
Not arguing against the point, honestly think the person that did the manga adaptation did a pisspoor job of the dialog.

That being said I haven't read the LN/WN so don't know if the author was just shit at human interactions or if there wasn't room to fit reasonable conversation into the available pages. Either way the dialog is rather stiff and lacking in many ways.

Dex-chan lover
Jill, girl, talking or thinking really isn't your forte, huh ?
Otherwise you'd have joined his guild like 10 chapters ago.

Dex-chan lover
Talk about a terrible time for the Manga to be dropped even if it is shit and full of copy and paste characters

Dex-chan lover
The poses of the characters are so over the top, like they're saying the most dramatic Shakespearian thing ever. :dogkek:

Users who are viewing this thread