The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 178

Dex-chan lover
What "What?"? Things like that tend to happen, if you get your partner horny. That was even his intention, wasn't it? Whooat "What?"?

Dex-chan lover
Not the first time Paulina hitting a tree as a copying mehcanism was shown in the manhwa, but from what I've read from spoilers from the novel, this was how she coped with being anal raped by her commanding officer when she was serving in the army of her native country

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well the emperor picked up the shovel and dug himself into this hole.

And he found GOLD

Dex-chan lover
Not the first time Paulina hitting a tree as a copying mehcanism was shown in the manhwa, but from what I've read from spoilers from the novel, this was how she coped with being anal raped by her commanding officer when she was serving in the army of her native country
Jesus.

Group Leader
Thank goodness this isn't the novel then. Why even write something like that even for shock value, jesus...

Dex-chan lover

... Ayo, what the FU-
I'm happy I'm not reading the novel then because that would be a "Nope" into "Insta drop" from me

Dex-chan lover
Finally decided to look up some more about the novel, at the very least her children become royalty, so I'm gonna assume she gives her position for love. The pain of reading through this was not worth it whatsoever, I read the Emperor's advisor force his way into a marriage, constantly worried about the Emperor and her romance, and internally pleaded for them not to hook up and later for the Emperor to just give up his gosh darn position to his brother. I don't entirely regret reading this, but I wish I just looked this up and stopped reading 60 or so chapters ago. Honestly the last while of this manga has been nothing but internal torment for me, I kept going because I really enjoyed this series and I hoped my fears would be proven wrong. Honestly this feel like the Villainess's Pet all over again (in terms of pushing through hanging onto hope, only for it to be crushed).

Double-page supporter
I wonder if the story will continue after their marriage (if they do in fact marry)--after all the title isn't "The Empress and her Emperor"

Double-page supporter
Thank goodness this isn't the novel then. Why even write something like that even for shock value, jesus...
Reality of having to deal with those that'll abuse their power over you

Even poor Guts went through that in Berserk

In the novel, it is framed as another reinforcement to Paul that her being a woman does not make her inferior to her male counterparts; the officer (of her original home country) who raped her raped several male recruits before her.

In general, the novel is much darker than the manga. Many character traits come from places of heavy trauma or lead to undesirable behaviour. An example is the Emperor's superstition, which is usually played for a gag here, is also the primary motivator in the novel for him ordering Paul to be raped and then executed during their first meeting since killing a virgin woman on the battlefield is said to curse you forever.

Last edited:
in this household we normalise and celebrate women experiencing attraction, dokis and hornies alike

I swear the light novel industry has an infestation of edgelords.
I'm hesitant to be so judgemental of the light novel, since I find that Paul's background of war, suffering, and discrimination to be integral to her character and how she reacts and pushes forward to be a large part of her appeal. Some parts definitely do leave a bad taste, though.

Users who are viewing this thread