The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 190

jak

Contributor
Yes, you did make a mistake by rejecting his proposal. People want to say she made this choice for herself, but she also made their choice for their child. A choice where he won't get to live his full potential. It was a pretty selfish one.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.
This story's making me uneasy and kinda sad now...:nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
It's clearly the wrong choice. But what I'm surprised the most, is that noone thought of adding a new law where people have two names and one surname, as a few countries already do in our current world. Seriously, we have here the Emperor that could pull out a law like that or something else absurd to force her stupid ass to wake up in a win-win scenario.

Honestly, I was quite happy with everything in this manwha until she made this choice. Sure, it's the effort that you have put for years in name which is the past and another one is the rest of her life being shared with the person she loves who is also the father of her son. The emperor's daugher could grow up with a brother and a mother well, but that is also denied for her. Paul's choice to keep a memento of her past is basically negating all of their future.

Dex-chan lover
At this point I'm expecting someone to say "Emporer Winter" and have it slip that he took her last name without telling her for a big suprise

Group Leader
It's clearly the wrong choice. But what I'm surprised the most, is that noone thought of adding a new law where people have two names and one surname, as a few countries already do in our current world. Seriously, we have here the Emperor that could pull out a law like that or something else absurd to force her stupid ass to wake up in a win-win scenario.

Honestly, I was quite happy with everything in this manwha until she made this choice. Sure, it's the effort that you have put for years in name which is the past and another one is the rest of her life being shared with the person she loves who is also the father of her son. The emperor's daugher could grow up with a brother and a mother well, but that is also denied for her. Paul's choice to keep a memento of her past is basically negating all of their future.
I disagree.

It’s not just the name that’s the issue, is what the name represents. Women in this nation don’t even have the opportunity to live outside their preassigned roles. Paul defied that through her own skill, determination, and a bit of good luck. But now, she’s being asked to make a sacrifice of her position and the status that she went against all odds to earn simply because the man she happened to fall in love with was the Emperor.

She mentions that when looking at the “heirs” being nominated to take up the Winter title and land, every single one was a young man or boy. If she surrenders it to a young man who doesn’t know of her struggles to obtain the title of “Winter”, then it’ll be like it never happened. She’ll no longer be a knight in any capacity, she’ll only be the Empress (which let’s be real, seems to mainly be a figurehead position).

If the Emperor wants to win her back, he’ll lay down new laws to allow her to still remain a knight whilst being the Empress. The buck ultimately stops at him, and he’s the only one that can reinforce true changes in this world. He’s been going on about wanting to earn her love, and Paul giving him the cold hard truth was the kick in the pants he needed to actually make new policies for the next generation.

Also come on. Everyone of status knows Gerald is a prince in all but official title. He’ll live a nice cozy life as the son of the Marquess with support from the Emperor whenever it’s needed. Plus he’s Paul’s son, so he’s probably gonna want to earn his position with his own merits. If anything Paul is doing him a favor by sparing him the political agony of being the “crown prince” despite being the second-born, when the crown should be the Princess’s birthright.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yes, you did make a mistake by rejecting his proposal. People want to say she made this choice for herself, but she also made their choice for their child. A choice where he won't get to live his full potential. It was a pretty selfish one.
As it was already established, the position of emperor is not ubiquously desirable and is actually very demanding and tiresome. If she would make Gerald stay by Luscious' side, he would've had to become the emperor. Being a marquis is a very high position in this society, nothing to regret or mull over unless you're too ambitous for your own good, but allows for much more freedom ultimately.
And her "selfishness" is in coveting things men in their society don't need to think twice about.
The emperor's daugher could grow up with a brother and a mother well, but that is also denied for her. Paul's choice to keep a memento of her past is basically negating all of their future.
Need I remind you that those are noble children who are most commonly raised by nannies? The emperor's daughter could not have grow up with a mother for quite obvious reasons, and having a sibling is not a natural right or a privilege, and I am sure as hell neither of the kids would feel lonely in their respective situations.
Paul's choice to keep a memento of her past
It's not just a "memento", it is a legacy. It is either being remembered as a footnote of being a wife of Luscious, or having her name and legend being propogated thorughout history via her marquess lineage. It is extremely unfair that only men are allowed to have legacy, and her giving it all up for immediate and short-term happines of being back to the kitchen would ultimately be way bigger of a regret to her.

Dex-chan lover
"We changed a law that allows you to keep your name and peerage after marriage. Congratulations on your promotion Warrior Empress Winter!"

People are really thinking that marrying Luscius as the current laws are is a keep the cake and eat it situation. No its a have it or eat it. And Paul decided shed rather have her cake than eat it.

It feels like people who are complaining about Paul's decision are really, like really, missing the point of the story.

Also, "Gerald wouldn't reach his full potential."
Can only multi billuonares reach their full potentials?
You're acting like he's a serf, he is still the son of a marquess, we can't even judge what his full potential would be until he's like in his late teens. I am saying this as someone who is studying to become a pedagog. It's better to live in a one parent household than one where a parent is misserable over their regrets. And even then this isn't comparable because of the whole surroundings that they are in.

The only people being selfish is everyone complaining this isn't ending like a typical romance fantasy with the leads getting married happily ever after no matter the context and social situations they are in. But have to instead work more on the society for that to be possible of happening.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe people are still arguing about the decision when not only was it right but also clearly not the end of the damn story lol. Literally the same chapter she left Lucius all but said he was gonna change the laws.

Double-page supporter
I'm just going to assume it's truckloads of self-inserting and -projecting with pinches of modern sensibilities and being spoiled from actual "have cake and eat it too" stories from the same or similar genres.

This is the crowd we have left after the rest gave up because, shock horror, Lucius had concubines to carry on his lineage.

Dex-chan lover
I can't believe people are still arguing about the decision when not only was it right but also clearly not the end of the damn story lol. Literally the same chapter she left Lucius all but said he was gonna change the laws.
It's obvious she made a retarded decision

Users who are viewing this thread