The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 197 - Chapter 197 [END]

Group Leader
It's been a good ride :meguuusad::hearts:

2f0.jpg

Dex-chan lover
In an age long past, there stood a majestic empire, a beacon of prosperity and power. For a quarter-century, the indomitable Empress guided its destiny with keen intelligence and shrewd diplomacy. However, the winds of change were stirring, and they whispered tales of blood and iron.

The younger brother of the empress and commander of the empire's formidable army, walked the dimly lit streets of the capital. Each hushed whisper of dissent, every gaunt face he encountered, intensified his resolve. The once-proud citizens, burdened by crushing taxes and oppressive laws, were a shadow of their former selves.

"The time is ripe" murmured the general to his lieutenant as they stood atop a watchtower, observing the restless city below.

"Yes, General. The empire stands on the edge of a blade. The people thirst for change," the lieutenant replied, the weight of the impending conflict evident in his voice. What the general didn't know, was that his closest confidant was under the orders of the old nobles, still hurt with the reforms of the old Emperor.

Under the cloak of night, the general rallied his most loyal commanders, detailing a plan that would plunge the empire into chaos. By dawn, the city was awakened not by the familiar chirping of birds, but by the foreboding drums of war.

The imperial city, once untouched by conflict, became an arena of battle. Rebellious forces clashed violently with those still loyal to the empress. Streets that once echoed with laughter now resounded with the clanging of swords and the cries of the fallen.

In the heart of the palace, the Empress, surrounded by her last line of defenders, confronted her brother. "You used to be my sword, brother! Now you usher in an age of bloodshed. Is this the legacy you desire?"

The younger brother, his armor stained and his expression steely, replied, "It's the legacy the empire demands, sister. A painful rebirth."

As the days turned to weeks, the city was consumed by war. Palaces crumbled, and once serene gardens became graves. The empire that had stood tall for generations was fractured, its unity shattered by ambition and strife.
In the aftermath, as the dust settled and the cries of war faded, what remained was an empire forever changed, its glory days behind it, now entering a turbulent era of uncertainty.

Never thought i would see it end but here we are, loved the ride although i would have liked to actually see how they wenf about changing the law and the difficulty they encountered in the process.
Also i would i loved to see more scene with Lucius and his children, he barely interacted with them specially his son, that was a real missed opportunity, him teaching his daughter how to rule or just spending time with them would have been nice to see in the final. Overall decent read will miss these friday release.

Users who are viewing this thread