The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
@Memnon

I assume it's the defending side, not willing to let the invaders dig in.
Though, the 'rallying cry' was about being sure that this year the enemy would attack so IDK.

Aggregator gang
@Mangareader just have her marry someone else, another noble family , the family would gain more power , why kill her off, that would be a big waste

Dex-chan lover
@dreminh

I assume that they would get a form of compensation for their loss, and if she were dead there would be no way for her to 'plot against her oh so loving family.'

Though I doubt that the Mangaka had more in mind than bad family is bad.

Dex-chan lover
@Memnon
Exactly. Let's say it was a defensive 'war' and the other army is the one attacking, it still meant someone purposely went to war in winter.

The amount of resources it takes must be astronomical. Not to mention wearing metal armour must feel like frostbite.

Anyway. I just realized that she'll turn turncoat and wage war on her own country, since our emperor is on the other side.

I like this. A MC who is not traditionally beautiful but is smart and strong with enough cunning to survive hardship. She also has the shortest hair I've seen on a MC which is practical and refreshing since every MC tends to be very feminine.

While her father was slapping her I wondered if he realizes that she has probably killed countless men larger than him.

Dex-chan lover
I like her. I kinda hoped she would hit back or something but her calm demeanor is something to admire.

I don't know how her family is not terrified of her being in battle for 6 years...

Dex-chan lover
Man I love our mc but I hope her family get kicked in the teeth and dropped down a well. The fact that y weren't scared of her is odd but I guess people with power employ soldiers all the time. He thinks he too important for her to make a difference.

I mean, if she ever becomes that King's wife and they try to act like they all treated her well imma flip my lid.

Dex-chan lover
@Roiya
Nothing wrong with a traditionally beautiful heroine, but as you pointed out, it's not practical; I, for one, am happy to see that she knows how to stay alive & what to do to prepare in such cases as the one she's noticed.

Fed-Kun's army
This is still great so far. The ML doesn't seem like an asshole for once, but a normal (albeit ambitious) character.

Dex-chan lover
love this a lot so far, the MC is very likeable and realistic

Fed-Kun's army
Wow, this is really good. I like that she isn't the wuxia type that is overpowered or obsessed with revenge, she is practical. I was honestly surprised she didn't bitch slap her dad or that they weren't scared of her after her experiences in war. I like the way she looks, she's fit and has some muscle which makes more sense.

Fed-Kun's army
At every moment, I just kept saying, 'she's so cool'. I haven't admired a character in a while even though they're probably as awesome as her. And I really like how true to the character and experiences of that character the author/artist drew her.

Typically campaigning is done in the summer in ancient times for the exact reason that Spring is planting time, Fall is harvest time, and it's almost suicidal to march in winter since attrition will destroy your army.

But depending upon their crops and climate, it's conceivable that winter could be a campaign season, as long as the winters are not too harsh (Russian Winter).

Strange that winter is the time to fight. Must have pretty mild winters, or soldiers trained VERY well for snow, along with extremely large food stores.

Users who are viewing this thread