The Knight and Her Emperor - Ch. 85

i love this manhwa so much... the way the events unfold in such a realistic way and not forcefully focusing on romance...chef's kiss

Group Leader
Well... A responsible emperor doesn’t make a good husband after all... And vice versa.

Dex-chan lover
ive got only one thing to say (aside from thx for the chappies) :
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LUCIUS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TT YA CANT DO THAT TT

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the mass release! This is really interesting, I feel bad for Lucius but this really is the most realistic outcome... At least the concubines all seem pretty nice.

Thanks for mass update!!! Cant wait to see how this manhwa gonna unfold with how realistic the story is.

What if paulina falls in love with the emperor. Idk I can’t imagine it yet. Actually I don’t mind if we get another great character wayyyy better than the emperor just to spite the emperor! Hahahhahah

Double-page supporter
I think Pauliana's love will come in the "I'm most comfortable with him"-form, instead of the "I love you"-form. It'll be one of those revelations that'll cause her to self-reflect on a while, before realizing that it wouldn't really change the relationship they have now.

After that, I just imagine them both drinking, dissing each other about their loveless lives and Pauliana's somehow managing to overpower the poor maiden Emperor in a fit of passion. Alongside the guaranteed hangover the next day… 🤣

tbh I think this is kinda dumb, the emperor shouldve played more ck2.

for anyone who doesnt know, you just get rid of anyone in your court you dont like and doesnt like you. then replace them with people who do.

Idk rn I feel like it's going to take decades... like the emperor has a teenage son and puts more and more responsibility on him, then confesses to pauliana, then it takes like 2 years for her to see him in a romantic light, and then finally they retire to a cabin in a small village up north.

It's already chapter 85 but Pauliana still has no feelings for the emperor. Meh! I'm leaving. I'll just wait for the last chapter.

Group Leader
Thank you for the release!!

I’m a bit sad that the emperor still got married despite being totally gone on paulina 😢

Wait are y'all serious?? Is he really gonna get married???? Where is this story going??? Will he have a kid too?? Will he ever confess??? Someone spoil me I dont care! Like I am.gonna be disgusted if the emperor really gets married and has a kid...

Ya know what this is realistic... but I wonder if she’s ever gonna have feelings for him?

Just read some spoilers from the novel, and I'm annoyed!!
Spoiler: apparently Paulina gets engage with someone and the dude betrays her so she gets sad and get drunk with the emperor and then gets pregnant?! Then the emperor confess his feeling and she feels betrayed (not sure why probably because she never seen him this way and because he took 3 concubines) Then she runs away and the emperor changes a certain law... Not sure what happens next, but I feel that's it's too much for Paulina! She deserves so much better!

Big spoiler:
I believe Rebekah dies in childbirth, one of them asks for a divorce, and one is imprisoned/executed (idk why but it's probably Tori considering she was favored by the elders).

Edit:
Now that I think about it, Sitra might want revenge for the death of Effie. I feel like she may be downplaying their relationship a bit to avoid suspicion.

(siiiiiiiigh) I knew this was coming but I really feel like...meh. Seriously, if he'd have already been married when he met Pauliana it would've been a different thing.

But right now he's gonna have 3 wives, from what I understood a teenage son and still Pauliana won't have romantic feelings for a long time. If she'd had feelings which she knew how to repress due to duty, this also would've been a different thing. It just feels so frustrating to watch this go on.

Just how many years does it take to fall in love with someone? I find that, despite the slow build, this story also falls under 'romance come out of nowhere'. Personally I love the trope so usually there are no issues from my part, this is fiction after all, but after all this time with Lucius, Pauliana should've at least had some type of serious feeling. Betcha that after they sleep together, she'll suddenly start rethinking their interactions and realising that she felt more than she realized (snort)

I'm sorta on the fence if I want to follow this anymore.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Thank you for the chps. I'm so looking forward to the upcoming chps.

@gudetama9017 I didn't want to read spoilers. But I had to. Does Paulina become sad.. oh man.... I'm not ready.

Users who are viewing this thread