The Lady and the Beast - Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
Astina made the curse. I doubt it is the kiss, rather it is Astina's will to break a curse she made.

What now? I kinda hoped he would be a dog forever, or at least until she had such a firm grasp on the political scene that de-beastifying the duke wouldn’t diminish her power. Maybe he recognizes her as house head? Or maybe it’s just a temporary thing, like he’s a dude for 12 hours after a kiss, or only on full moons, or something.

Well some times cliches are built upon ancient lore.
In this case, it could be a lover's kiss, A full moon, a kiss from a virgin, a change in the season's equinox spring->summer->fall->winter, the blessing of a ruler,
the power of a natural born (one born to a people of nature), or a myriad of cultural specific reasons.
Or any combination of such, depending on an authors lore they choose to use they can get quite interesting in the conditions to set up a curse and how to break it.
Some curses being spanning cultures, where some only ever know buy it's people.
I'm curious to see where it goes.
Lets also ignore that the whole Disney stuff (true love's kiss is the most powerful spell breaker), as they was originally recounted by the Grimm Brothers based off older folklore.

Fed-Kun's army
please don't tell me it's the kiss...please don't tell me it's the kiss...please don't tell me it's the kiss...please don't tell me it's the kiss...please don't tell me it's the kiss...please don't tell me it's the kiss...please don't tell me it's the kiss...

Users who are viewing this thread