The Lady and the Beast

there is just so much wrong with this series oh my god. the racism/colorism/g slur in the first chapter alone

Fed-Kun's army
So... Her entire race was wiped out and she never had a child, but she is now "re-incarnating" with the exact same appearance as before, which was supposed to be specific to her tribe... Yeah, so apparently genetics are literal soul-bound cosmetic items now.

Also, how does a gypsy girl possibly have the knowledge/skills/wisdom to apparently single-handedly escape from the power-hungry king, make private contact with the most valuable prisoner in the kingdom, be unstoppable in combat throughout the kingdom over many years, lead massive armies, and create an empire... None of these things just "happen" and there's no way in hell a gypsy would have access to any of the resources to learn about any of it.

Finally, isn't her whole thing supposed to be about rewriting the story of her race to eliminate the common view of them being evil? She knew she was the very last of her people, and she let the entire race die with her. So apparently she doesn't care about her race being extinguished, nor does she care about ensuring consistent future leadership of the empire. So to summarize, she's unmatched in battle, but doesn't really care, she's unmatched in political power, but also doesn't care, she's the most eligible single lady who literally holds the final strands of an entire race, and SHE DOESN'T CARE. I think this is biggest sticking point so far really, she doesn't seem to give two shits about anything at all. Are you really going to say she had a crush on the king that didn't get reciprocated so nothing else in life was significant? Really?

It's starting to look like just another routine romance story with a shit-ton of unearned power fantasy thrown in for the heck of it.

Dex-chan lover
omg this mass update if i can call it that although the chapter releases are staggered.

wow, this doesn't make any sense at all.. I feel I will be dead of falling because of how deep the plot hole are.

@frungy I think youre judging far too harsh for the amount of chapters that have been released so far.

First of all, it doesnt matter what "race" she is, in the end, humans are born very much the same despite physical differences. Already calling a certain group of individuals with similiar appearances is racist in of itself. She can't continue her race because her race is literally not a race, but more like family if anything and it is not possible for her to continue her bloodline if she cannot find someone she loves.

Of course, Genetics exists and if it werent for the case that this is a manwha filled with magic (as seen by the giant beast of a wolf on the cover) i would agree with you. Genetics do not work that way, despite that, there is, the super small off chance, that the female protagonist has had a rare mutation which can change the appearance dramatically. But yes, genetics dont work like that, so our only explanation is magic. :)

Secondly, Gypsies can possibly learn a lot of different cultures and techniques over the years, which gets passed down to the children of gypsies, and this continues until their techniques CAN reach a new height. Of course, chances are that this happens is very low, and even more so without proper education, which gypsies historically have not been able to get.

Third of all, i'm not sure if you have read all the chapters, but never was it specifically said that our protagonist had the goal of erasing her tribes prejudiced views, in fact, there is noone left that would be victim to said prejudiced views; because she is the ONLY one of her tribe that is left! And she became royalty - That already sets an insane high bar for having a biased opinion on people with physical features like she does. Furthermore; The entire history of her Achievements have been written down and are now being taught in schools in her own empire - that way she literally is fighting prejudice and bias in the coming generations by teaching the generation how cruel and wrong shunning someone by their appearance.

What bothers is me how fast you are to jump to conclusions. We dont even know what kind of political system the Empire is using - of course, judging by her being the sole Leader, it is most likely going to be a monarchy/dictatorship, with advisors aiding the Emperor.

Also, according to one of the newer Chapters, our protagonist is talking like a women in her 50s or 60s - meaning she continued her rule till she was atleast 50 years old - and at the age of 25 she was betrayed by Theodore - that means she has reigned for atleast another 25 years. Does someone not giving a shit continue to rule for 25 years? I dont think so. Someone not giving a shit would abdicate their throne or perhaps become unable to further rule the Empire.

@frungy ah you want another shitty cliche story about from weak to strong, which will expire in 74 or so chapters of grinding exp levels.
Well fucking thanks no, I prefer to read a story with strong protagonist without munching through repeating prequel with bunch of schoolings and Coursera lessons.
I have some fantasy myself to think out how MC became who she is.

Maybe you should go to overhyped Overlord and whine there on how top guild player dares to be top guild player.

@DoctorVu
I agree! And btw she did fell in love with the second prince, so that's why she didn't marry till the end.
And I think the point of chap 1-5 is to establish her skills and knowledge so in her second life we don't have to read about how she learn it all over again like @Dennamen said. I usually skip those grinding exp part.

And here I thought the artwork would be the same as the promotional webtoon but I guess not. Why is it always like this though? Ngl it’s kinda misleading but whatever, I still read it anyways.

Group Leader
@cckari Are you actually upset that the bad guys are racist. It literally says that they were used as a scapegoat to bring stability, kinda like jews and gypsies in the real world.

Hahaha, I seriously love groups like you guys that shows the disaster that exists behind the scenes!
I don't usually comment, but I appreciate the hard work you've done in order to release so many chapters at once... So here I am!
The story seems interesting so I'll be looking forward to it!
Thank you again for working so hard!

It's good, MC is strong and cold but still have some emotions (love, sorrow, anger....) it make her quite "human".
But the fact that she reincarnate with her red hairs, which is impossible, is a very bad point in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread