The Lady and the Beast

Oh I see, she just need to kiss him. To completely cure it however I suspect it has to be true loves kiss.

@YourTipicalMangaDexAccount it would be what you said, if it did happen. However, it did not. The comment is also meant as a joke, or it seems to be at least, but one should not joke around with that sort of topic. You put it in a spoiler so at least victims will not see it.
I only commented on it to shed some light that it might be a bit of a tasteless joke, and to give you the opportunity to change it. In the end, you decide what you want to comment.

I think the original king Theodore was first effected by this curse and yo escape it he asked her to mill her I think therode might be his reincarnation but he doesnt remember his past life.

I think her own people cursed him since they were known as witches.

Also wonder we are going to need to add back the smut tag pretty soon.

@QueenSkull its literally what was asked of her, literally.
or do you believe that the wolf gave consent the first night they met?
and i did put a spoiler
@andyshiny be careful with what you say, its not the same to talk rape as a joke that to tell a joke about rape.
and also
she literally tried to rape the dog the first night and i think she contemplated raping the man too

ive met with raped people and even one my best friends and ex-girlfriend where raped before reaching 18, rape isnt a joke, but you should learn to joke about it, thats what a joke is all about.
(warning: irl rape)

@YourTipicalMangaDexAccount just because she tried to
rape
him it doesn't mean anyone should encourage it again. Also Both to talk rape as a joke and to tell a joke about rape are kind of same. It's like saying you're not racist but still talk about racism as a joke. Even if it's just fictional and all joking about these things are neither tasteful nor trivial.

@YourTipicalMangaDexAccount Just because you know people who have experienced those horrible things still doesn't make up for the jokes. I think the only places where it would be ok would be when you are around people you know wouldn't mind. They know you better and you know them too. You also know they won't be affected by your words. But this is the internet and anyone can come by at any time.
I agree with @andyshiny on this. It is just fictional, but the topic itself is severe. And if we allow comments that joke around with the topic, then it could end up contributing to make
rape
itself get more normalized.
Rape
is something that we do not need to joke about and neither should we. Rather start healthy discussions about it. Some people joke about these topics as a defense mechanism, since they do not know how to really go about the topic. But for those who have not experienced any of the sorts would just end up having a laugh at someone else's expense.
The topic is already being downplayed enough. It shouldn't be such a light topic that people would be making jokes about it so easily.

--just me rambling on about story morals for a bit, not really important--
We could question the story's moral since she was being sold off to him basically, which was normal during that era, and was requested to produce an heir. In a sense, it would be even more questionable since he was in a beast form and not aware of what was going on. I think that more than anything, the ones with questionable morals are those pulling the strings and made the decision to have her marry him. We could consider her also a victim in a sense, since it might not be something that she wants to do, but her attitude is that she just doesn't mind it. That is if we were to compare the story to our current modern era and our values. Contract marriages were more common back in the day than it is now, and we have never had to think about people turning into beasts either because of curses. Like- I could go on to analyse the story but I don't think anyone really asked for that, so i will leave it be for now.

@QueenSkull I really agree with the second part of your comment, I've always felt stupid about people getting mad about correct representation of "taboo" topics where it happened.

@andyshiny A joke doesn't have to be tasteful, and not only trivial things can be joked about, that feels very naive of you. And for the second time, they arent both the same; talking about rape as a joke is saying that it doesnt Mather at its core, that rape in itself is a joke, and saying a joke about rape doesnt discredit rape graveness at all. Being fictional or not kind of mathers but also doesnt, depending on the point of view... I'm not sure, and I'm certain that my opinion on that can change in the future.

A joke can serve many purposes, make someone laugh, show a reality, exaggerate, point out a possibility, bully someone, etc. The same as any tool, as good as the purpose of who's using it.

I remember a comedian talking about how he was thrown out of a stand up when he told a joke about a black gay man, a joke told to him by that same man, it was a joke about how sexuality really wasn't a choice, and kind of funny too. But he was thrown out because the organizers found it tasteless, why? It was just a depiction of a seen reality, it wasn't offensive in any way, but some found that it was a topic that couldnt be touched, completely disregarding the possibility of that reality being something normal, as if by hiding it it would dissapear.....

You are kind of right about the internet not being the best place to tell a joke, as there are lots of people who get easily offended about realitys they don't like, but it is the same for them, the internet is full of thing they won't probably like, and there's probably someone who will undoubtedly get mad noMather what I say, as there are enought people for that to happen, so you may find it tasteless, that's alright, it's your opinion, and I respect that. Maybe i should have put some kind of warning, apparently the spoiler box wasn't enought. What would you have recommended?

If you really don't like it or don't agree with what I say, I suggest reporting the original comment, as that's your right as an user, if it gets moderated, well then, good for you.
edit:typo

@YourTipicalMangaDexAccount Well that's a good idea! I should probably report the original comment than constantly bickering about it here and yeah jokes can be tasteless just like people's opinions and personalities. I guess I didn't considered that many people on the internet makes joke about many serious things which are no laughing matter. No matter,good day to you.

the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.... ! he just became the cute wolf again then he turned back. Need more chapters XD

Users who are viewing this thread