The Lecture You Would Never Want Your Parents To Give You - Ch. 3 - A Hellish Open House Born From A Pure Heart

Dex-chan lover
I guess what I’m wondering is, there’s like a bazillion series that could use a… … detailed oriented translator, yet you translate chapters that already have passable translations.

It’s basically the same as going “Ha, you see?! You see? You are garbage compared to me!” Which, okay. But it feels like a bit of a waste.

I guess what I’m wondering is, there’s like a bazillion series that could use a… … detailed oriented translator, yet you translate chapters that already have passable translations.
I guess what I'm wondering is, I've already made it clear that my DM's are open to literally everyone (yes, literally everyone- even you.), and even went out of my way to solicit suggestions for other series to fix, and people to make a fixer group with, yet you're here complaining that I'm doing a story you personally think has "passable translations".
It’s basically the same as going “Ha, you see?! You see? You are garbage compared to me!” Which, okay. But it feels like a bit of a waste.
You know what the real waste is? Complaining that I'm helping to fix a series, instead of pointing out mistakes I've made, or telling me about these bazillion other ones you think a
… … detailed oriented translator
should do.

If you just want to complain generally, that's your prerogative, but it feels like if you spare a tiny bit more effort, you can help me help you get what you want.

Last edited:
Supporter

Scanlators are not robots it is a hobby people scanlate what they want to do or they wouldn't be motivated to.

Dex-chan lover
Dang you'd think there'd be locks in the master bedroom apparently (tho i've been told it's a 'thing' that some Japanese doors don't have locks but you'd think there'd need to be for safety reasons, privacy aside (esp with the 'shut in neet' types, even if some parents are 'supportive' about it i'm sure there'd be one that'd lose their patience and literally drag them outta their room but i'm tangenting now lol)

Her mother probably apologized to her teacher for a very long time after that.
makes me wonder how many kids actually had like sex worker moms /ppl reacting to that if it wasn't an open secret or so lol (i do remember seeing someone like showing a pic of reddit that they drew in class that made it look like their mom was a stripper but she was just a normal dancer lol) but be amusing in a fucked up way if some kids exposed some affairs that way lol
Well, at least her daughter is old enough to not be deprived of her parental rights...
i'm sure she could prolly move at at 15-16 if she wanted to but at this point i think she'd either be numb to it or being independent or so. tho i'm surprised they wouldn't have had like a scheduled 'date night' to stay the night at a nice hotel or so

Dex-chan lover
I guess what I'm wondering is, I've already made it clear that my DM's are open to literally everyone (yes, literally everyone- even you.), and even went out of my way to solicit suggestions for other series to fix, and people to make a fixer group with, yet you're here complaining that I'm doing a story you personally think has "passable translations".

You know what the real waste is? Complaining that I'm helping to fix a series, instead of pointing out mistakes I've made, or telling me about these bazillion other ones you think a

should do.

If you just want to complain generally, that's your prerogative, but it feels like if you spare a tiny bit more effort, you can help me help you get what you want.
Nah, I'm good.

Dex-chan lover
"Man, you should do other series instead"
"Like which ones?"
"Like Deez Nutz!"

You look ridiculous.
I think you're misunderstanding my original post. I wasn't really requesting anything from you, just an observation from the chapters popping up in my feed, as well as previous happenings. It felt more like you wanted to prove something with a chapter here or there, mainly on how that translator or group sucks. Which again, okay.

Of course, do what makes you happy. Especially if you're going to do a whole series. Maybe you'll even take over from the 'lesser' group when you catch up. Mazel tov.

I think you're misunderstanding my original post.
No, I understood it just fine. You wanted to complain.
You mentioned other series I could do that you personally, hypothetically feel don't have "Passable (Read: Bad) Translations" as a contrast to this one. My asking you for a series is an attempt to help you turn the complaint into something more productive. Maybe get you to either suggest a series, or point out some mistake I made. You know: Fun stuff.
I wasn't really requesting anything from you, just an observation from the chapters popping up in my feed, as well as previous happenings.
Previous happenings? I have no idea who you are.
It felt more like you wanted to prove something with a chapter here or there, mainly on how that translator or group sucks.
I don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone at any point in time. I saw that the work was bad, and my corrections went unheeded. So I did it myself. It's the story that's played out almost every single time I've ever uploaded anything here. I couldn't care less what anyone takes away about the other group from this exercise. The goal, you see, is that the readers get to read the story as it was intended. Hopefully I do a good job of that; And hopefully this helped you understand me a little better now.

Dex-chan lover
Dang you'd think there'd be locks in the master bedroom apparently (tho i've been told it's a 'thing' that some Japanese doors don't have locks but you'd think there'd need to be for safety reasons, privacy aside (esp with the 'shut in neet' types, even if some parents are 'supportive' about it i'm sure there'd be one that'd lose their patience and literally drag them outta their room but i'm tangenting now lol)

makes me wonder how many kids actually had like sex worker moms /ppl reacting to that if it wasn't an open secret or so lol (i do remember seeing someone like showing a pic of reddit that they drew in class that made it look like their mom was a stripper but she was just a normal dancer lol) but be amusing in a fucked up way if some kids exposed some affairs that way lol

i'm sure she could prolly move at at 15-16 if she wanted to but at this point i think she'd either be numb to it or being independent or so. tho i'm surprised they wouldn't have had like a scheduled 'date night' to stay the night at a nice hotel or so
Well, luckily, role-playing with your husband is not sex work, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
No, I understood it just fine. You wanted to complain.
nah, more an observation.
You mentioned other series I could do that you personally, hypothetically feel don't have "Passable (Read: Bad) Translations" as a contrast to this one. My asking you for a series is an attempt to help you turn the complaint into something more productive. Maybe get you to either suggest a series, or point out some mistake I made. You know: Fun stuff.
Did you quote yourself earlier? Also you seem to have a bad habit of paraphrasing things in the worst possible and incorrect light. But I’ll make it a twofer,
Previous happenings? I have no idea who you are.
I didn’t ask you to translate anything, just curious why you seem to do a chapter or two of something to prove a point, than to translate one of the many series out there that don’t have any translations at all. I guess the one that sticks to my mind was that slave girl harem one, where people preferred the perv fox’s version…
I don't feel the need to prove anything to anyone at any point in time. I saw that the work was bad, and my corrections went unheeded. So I did it myself. It's the story that's played out almost every single time I've ever uploaded anything here. I couldn't care less what anyone takes away about the other group from this exercise. The goal, you see, is that the readers get to read the story as it was intended. Hopefully I do a good job of that; And hopefully this helped you understand me a little better now.
Sure. Good luck, there’s always a need for quality translations. I hope you get DM’d something good.

Also you seem to have a bad habit of paraphrasing things in the worst possible and incorrect light. But I’ll make it a twofer,
I don't know what you're talking about at this point.
I didn’t ask you to translate anything, just curious why you seem to do a chapter or two of something to prove a point, than to translate one of the many series out there that don’t have any translations at all. I guess the one that sticks to my mind was that slave girl harem one, where people preferred the perv fox’s version…
...?

"I just wonder when you're going to stop tripping over your shoelaces. You do it all the time."

"... You mean just the one time in kindergarten?"

"Yeah. I wonder if you're just clumsy"

You took the single time I upload a single chapter... when the uploader admits to making shit up and gets me banned for correcting him... as a sign that I am in the habit of spot fixing series. Maybe check my uploads- because this is an obvious case of confirmation bias.

It's the one that sticks out in your mind because it's the only time out of the four stories I've done so far.

Also, I know this may be shocking to you, since you apparently seem to think I've only ever done Dorei Choukyou, but I also do series that don't have translations: I'm the main translator for Orchid of the Moon. Check their uploads for the past year and a half, and 7 out of 10 times, that's me.

Group Leader
I don't know what you're talking about at this point.

...?

"I just wonder when you're going to stop tripping over your shoelaces. You do it all the time."

"... You mean just the one time in kindergarten?"

"Yeah. I wonder if you're just clumsy"

You took the single time I upload a single chapter... when the uploader admits to making shit up and gets me banned for correcting him... as a sign that I am in the habit of spot fixing series. Maybe check my uploads- because this is an obvious case of confirmation bias.

It's the one that sticks out in your mind because it's the only time out of the four stories I've done so far.

Also, I know this may be shocking to you, since you apparently seem to think I've only ever done Dorei Choukyou, but I also do series that don't have translations: I'm the main translator for Orchid of the Moon. Check their uploads for the past year and a half, and 7 out of 10 times, that's me.
Pray tell, have you ever encountered the acronym “DNFTT”?

Dex-chan lover
Well, at least her daughter is old enough to not be deprived of her parental rights...
There is no law against that. And there can't be one. As long as they don't involve the daughter in their sex, it's all legal.
Where do you think families with a lot of children come from?

Dex-chan lover
There is no law against that. And there can't be one. As long as they don't involve the daughter in their sex, it's all legal.
Where do you think families with a lot of children come from?
Even in the USA? I've heard some pretty creepy stories about juvenile justice. In my country, this may end with the arrival of the police, who will check in what conditions the child lives.

Users who are viewing this thread