The Lecture You Would Never Want Your Parents to Give You - Ch. 38 - Tall Girl Takashima-san's Summer

Dex-chan lover
Can someone explain this chapter, please? I cannot deduct what is going on other than that kids mistake her for someone else. It feels like there is missing context.
It is a horny scary Japanese urban legend about a tall slender woman wearing a white summer dress and big summer hat who kidnaps children in the countryside

She can only say popo po, and with time they as the story evolved they gave her big boobs to complete her gimmick of being a big woman

No one "knows" what she does with the children, but the implications are that people should go to the countryside and see if they can fuck a ghost

But alas no one has been able to fuck Hasshaku-sama and if they have, they have not come back to tell the tale, oooooh, spoooky, big woman, big tits, big hat, scaaaary!

I am making fun of it, but legit i bet some men genuinely are scared of big women and big boobs, cowards the whole lot i say

Dex-chan lover
Exploring abandoned places, spreading rumors about urban myths and telling campfire/sleepover horror stories have always been rather common activities for youngsters. Internet creepypastas are an evolution of that, and kids these days have been engrossed in them since Slenderman.
For young people in general, yes, but at their age such information would quite possibly drive me to a nervous breakdown.

Dex-chan lover
I don't remember her either. Perhaps this is the introduction of a new character to give the daughter connections outside of the family, but the segment feels like we've seen her a bunch of times already, lmao.

I think she’s the friend mentioned in ch.37.

Double-page supporter
Can someone explain this chapter, please? I cannot deduct what is going on other than that kids mistake her for someone else. It feels like there is missing context.
Hasshaku is a Japanese urban legend: Eight-foot Woman. She of course kills people, specifically children (or possibly young men) and she makes a weird "popopo" sound. Poor Takashima is going with that simply not to ruin the fantasy of these young girls, even if it means getting thought of a monster.

Dex-chan lover
For young people in general, yes, but at their age such information would quite possibly drive me to a nervous breakdown.
Most of my ghost knowledge came from early years of elementary school. Every school camp is an opportunity to talk about some new ghost that somebody spotted recently or even something that appeared during the camp. Also spend hours listening to stories from friends. That kind of things happen less and less as we grow up and realize that there are many more important and interesting things than ghosts.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It is a horny scary Japanese urban legend about a tall slender woman wearing a white summer dress and big summer hat who kidnaps children in the countryside

She can only say popo po, and with time they as the story evolved they gave her big boobs to complete her gimmick of being a big woman

No one "knows" what she does with the children, but the implications are that people should go to the countryside and see if they can fuck a ghost

But alas no one has been able to fuck Hasshaku-sama and if they have, they have not come back to tell the tale, oooooh, spoooky, big woman, big tits, big hat, scaaaary!

I am making fun of it, but legit i bet some men genuinely are scared of big women and big boobs, cowards the whole lot i say
Sounds like my kinda girl :02:

Dex-chan lover
Hasshaku-sama is one of those famous japanese apparitions. It's essentially an 8ft woman who wears a white one piece and large hat and only says "po po po", and attacks people or something.

So the girl is tall, is wearing a white one piece, then she starts speaking "po po"

---

Also, I'm all for new characters, but this really fell out of nowhere. Too abrupt.
Maybe it's that one friend? she went to the festival with?

Another question is, are young children really that familiar with creepypasta characters?

I mean the same. She's completely new, but it's presented as if we already know her.

IDK if she'd considered 'creepypasta' versus urban legends like hanako and the like/old folktales, not sure if they're still being told as cautionary tales like "Don't spend too long in the school bathroom" and "Don't go approaching (tall?) strangers" or so lol, like how every school has some kinda '7 wonders' or so too

But yeah it does look like she appeared randomly unless she's meant to be her cousin or if the artist just wanted to draw someone diff (tho the other girls did seem more enthused than scared off)

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's that one friend? she went to the festival with?

IDK if she'd considered 'creepypasta' versus urban legends like hanako and the like/old folktales, not sure if they're still being told as cautionary tales like "Don't spend too long in the school bathroom" and "Don't go approaching (tall?) strangers" or so lol, like how every school has some kinda '7 wonders' or so too

But yeah it does look like she appeared randomly unless she's meant to be her cousin or if the artist just wanted to draw someone diff (tho the other girls did seem more enthused than scared off)
In Eastern Europe there is what is called "pioneer horror folklore", which consists of teenage urban legends from the late 80s and early 90s. But in these years it probably lost a lot compared to urban legends and creepypasta of the 10s like Slenderman, etc.

I think at this point the author just decided to develop the lore of the manga since it was just a bunch of sketches for too long.

Users who are viewing this thread