The Legend of Soma / Blade of Heaven (TokyoPop Exlicense)

Power Uploader
Volume 2 also needs splitting, maybe remove the ones already on site so the contributor can upload the new version (?)

Also the official Volume 1 isn't there as well...

Last edited:
Power Uploader
Interested in doing this. Only issue is that the chapters aren't numbered and there isn't a clear demarcation between some of them. Maybe the Korean raws would be more clear if I could find those? Idk. (Edit: Lol. Impossible to find volume raws. Found the webcomic version, but the numbering is totally different.)

Last edited:
Power Uploader
I think @Trobilobada is already doing it
Yes they did Vols. 3 & 4, but no progress since then, so I was considering doing the rest myself. Also I'm not sure I'm satisfied with their uploads anyway. They cut out the uploader's credit page, something MangaDex's own Vol. 2 upload didn't do, and they also left off the TBC page from the Vol. 3 upload. Subpar stuff.
Regardless, doesn't help me identify chapter boundaries. How I would've split things up myself lines up for Vols. 2-4, but not entirely for Vol. 1. While many ends are marked with spacer pages, not all of them are, so it's unclear.

Last edited:
Power Uploader
I read your first message without edit and got confused do I didn't reply at the time but it seems you have cleared thing up a bit.

Yes they did Vols. 3 & 4, but no progress since then, so I was considering doing the rest myself.
I think it would be better to ask them if they don't plan to continue but 🤷‍♂️

Also I'm not sure I'm satisfied with their uploads anyway.
I see.

They cut out the uploader's credit page, something MangaDex's own Vol. 2 upload didn't do, and they also left of the TBC page from the Vol. 3 upload. Subpar stuff.
About the credit page, since this is not a scanlation and just a rip of the official one I don't know if it should be or not be included.

About the TBC page tho, it should be included.

But I won't say it's subpar seeing that they went through to do all the splitting work and all.

Regardless, doesn't help me identify chapter boundaries. How I would've split things up myself lines up for Vols. 2-4, but not entirely for Vol. 1. While many ends are marked with spacer pages, not all of them are, so it's unclear.
I see, all god for vol2-4.

Are you talking about the scanlation on the mangadex website? or the official one from archive?

Power Uploader
About the credit page, since this is not a scanlation and just a rip of the official one I don't know if it should be or not be included.
Given that MangaDex staff included it in their Vol. 2 upload, I would not have actively removed it myself.

Are you talking about the scanlation on the mangadex website? or the official one from archive?
Yes, the scanlation has a chapter end in a couple places that are not obvious to me from TokyoPop's Vol. 1. I'm not sure where they got their numbering, but I lean towards them probably being right, so that worries me for future volumes. How will I know I'm ending it at the right place? Sure, I align with MD and Trobilobada's uploads, but looking at page counts, did we suddenly start getting longer chapters in Vol. 2, or are they wrong too? I don't know.

Power Uploader
Given that MangaDex staff included it in their Vol. 2 upload, I would not have actively removed it myself.
Well, maybe he didn't notice, it's only at the end of each volume.

Yes, the scanlation has a chapter end in a couple places that are not obvious to me from TokyoPop's Vol. 1. I'm not sure where they got their numbering, but I lean towards them probably being right, so that worries me for future volumes. How will I know I'm ending it at the right place? Sure, I align with MD and Trobilobada's uploads, but looking at page counts, did we suddenly start getting longer chapters in Vol. 2, or are they wrong too? I don't know.
Right. Same.

Power Uploader
Calling two volumes split and cleaned "subpar stuff" because I forgot one insignificant page and removed another that shouldn't have been included to begin with. I'm so grateful for these forums.
Feel free to do the rest, I couldn't care less.

Users who are viewing this thread