The Legendary Mechanic - Ch. 14

he should have pointed in the wrong direction from the start and pretend to cooperate, half lies are always better then just a simple lie

Dex-chan lover
So this all happened because coward kid couldn't help but be a thief as well? How much of a loser can one be?

@ShinSekai well, suppose he admits they saw him and points in a wrong direction. They will follow, find no traces, get mad, maybe realise they were tricked, return, hunt and torture them or sth. Evil organisations are evil for a reason. It really is better to pretend they didn't see him, than to admit they are somehow connected even if it is just seeing him.

And actually it nearly worked...
If whinny kid hadn't stole the gun they might have been off the hook

I hope the thieft guy regrets for sure this time. I got a feeling the MC may either kill him for being the actual reason they got target in the first place or help him and maybe even becoming his first friend considering the guy now has no family left and his uncle and aunt were so nice with MC even in their final moments

why in the world would you risk your life for a rinky dink pistol when it's clear that the guy could murder you for it very easily, if you're gonna steal at least be able to not show it on your face so obviously

The comic completely skipped the the part where the thief kid stole two handguns and returned only one of them when it was found out in the morning.... also, the triggers were taken out too by Han Xioa to make them useless in the book....

Dex-chan lover
Rather sloppy work if there is people moving around after they supposedly killed every last one of them... also kind of wasteful. Just think of all the potential brainwashed cannonfodder that was left on the ground to rot.

@aarklight
Eh, their encampment is highly mobile, they point the wrong direction then pack up and leave. Such they can track them down, but thats way more effort then its really worth.

@Miserys_End It is a good point that they could pack up and leave, but I would counter argue the point about too much effort. If they admit connection to the MC and mislead the bad guys, the bad guys will have little information and their camp will be the only clue they have, so it is logical that they would put all the effort they need to track them down to extract the intelligence, because tracking down a whole camp is easier, and because it can provide them a real direction in which to find MC.

Dex-chan lover
@aarklight

Yes and no, it depends on the conditions they are traveling over. Im guessing this is a post-apocalyptic or a dystopian-esk setting, so there there should be some form of roads available. Once they reach them tracking becomes much more difficult or nearly impossible if the roads are not monitored.

@Miserys_End This is a lot of assumptions isn't it. Fact 1. It was said this is an only resupply camp for miles. Fact 2. Evil organisation has helicopters, which makes it easy to track a large convoy of cars given they move together. I can also make an assumption that if they had half a brain they would leave someone to spy on their actions just in case.

In any case in my original comment I disagreed with the "half truth" method for this particular scenario and I still think it is the worst one to take keeping the safety of the camp in mind.

Letting them know that you have seen the guy, but trying to mislead them is plainly disadvantageous and just putting yourself in more danger for no reason whatsoever.
When the bad guys leave they can still pack up and evacuate for more safety, but that wasn't the point of discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread