The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor - Vol. 2 Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
Eh, not that the new art is bad, but the initial style had a lot more originality and expressiveness to it. You could actually see it and recognize it as something belonging to this series. The new style is fine, but looks generic and stiff by comparison.

Of course maybe it's also in part me getting used to the original style and rejecting change. But I usually do appreciate that unique sort of style you only see from Korean manhwa rather than an obviously Japanese manga inspired style that just looks plain to the eye, like something created to have a broad aesthetic appeal at the expense of character.

But we're actually lucky as readers that the new artist is someone skilled. Often it's not only a style change, but also a step down in art quality that happens with these artist swaps.

They could've at least stayed true to the original character designs... I don't mind the aesthetic change so much, I'm partial to the anime art style in general, but the new artist changed the hair color, eye color and the face structure a bit for literally every charachter.

SGR

Double-page supporter
I miss the old artstyle. It was unique and somewhat entrancing. Ah well, you get what you get. I'll get used to it by chapter 70.
EDIT: I take that last part back. Page 12 is fucking insulting.

Dex-chan lover
Ah the new art style. Nice, clean, sterile, boring. Now it looks like every other web Korean comic.
Like everyone else, I preferred the warmer softer look it had before. Oh well.

Art style changed even the look of the sculptures became bad after this its so sad but i have to drop this one

I prefer the last's volume art style, but I don't really mind this one that much. I will miss the past art style tho :((

No one seems to like the art change, I reckon it looks a lot cleaner & livelier

Like many are saying, the art really took a nosedive in this second season. They managed to hide the 3d assets and stock props pretty well last time around, but now it's generic af. Money I guess.

Not sure I'll keep going, hope I can get over it....

Dex-chan lover
wow art style change

i also enjoyed the painted one, it kept is somehow special

Aggregator gang
man the old art style was gold...
weed looked such as awesome character
like at least make the MC resemble a little bit to his old self
now he just looks like every other generic protagonist -_-...disgusting

Dex-chan lover
Waa.. The art style changed.. While I don't hate it.. I miss the old illustration style.. Maybe that style took too long.
I can't wait to read on and see what happens. This chapter was a nice recap

Users who are viewing this thread