The Live

TL;DR: Overall the plot is generic for the most part, but has been executed well. And a good MC. It meets the quality of other great korean web comics.

Story has been generic so far but the good generic. MC has a set goal from the very beginning, giving it a different vibe than other stories where the modern day man has to fight monsters. He has had time to steel himself before anything happens due to his prior knowledge. It takes a while for any world building to start as little information is given in the beginning. As of the latest chapter I am writing this (chp. 42) it feels slow and plain because of the way it is world building. We are seeing the world through a 3rd person perspective hearing thoughts of the mc mainly but others as well. Even though the MC knows the future, the future point isn't explained to us right away. Instead we tend to move the main perspective quickly to a different character where we then learn what the MC knows through someone else's mind before switching back to the MC. A tactic commonly used in stories revolving someone know the future. The story is predictable by the fact that it gives clues to the plot throughout the plot. Allowing you to predict certain key points before it happens. Building on our anticipation of something happening over the curiosity of it. (Though it still has mysteries). Similar to "Solo Leveling" where you predict our MC will do something and the excitement and adrenaline of imagining it makes you more excited to see it, all be it a much lesser extent. The MC, Yun-jae to me feels human where you can understand his thought process and can relate to most emotions he expresses. For me it ranks below "Solo Leveling" purely just on the fact that we see the growth of Sung-woo in SL alone. And I rank solo leveling below "Omniscent Reader's Viewpoint" <-- READ THIS if you haven't already, it is the perfect mix of this series and solo leveling in the best way possible.

I like the MC, he is cold but not the robotic cold that we see all the time. I also like the relationships he built with others, it fells natural and not something forced for the sake of the story.
All in all I generally like this manhwa.

Aggregator gang
great manhwa among the mediocre... not there yet to be placed among the really great manhwa. One of the weakness is the flow of fighting scene, it's feel awkward and rigid. The artist still cannot show the sense of urgency in more difficult fight...

Edit: nyeh, i change my mind. After reading more, it become more and more mediocre and stupid.

Well, as mentioned in all the comments below, the story is pretty generic, the mc has a purpose that is legit and valid,tho the reading starts to get harder.... Starting to enjoy it less as we go further in the story, there's no really epic scenes when you get excited or anxious... All's too flat. I'd continue to read it just to see more about Zahar, but if it stats to drift too much.... Might drop it

So generic tbh, other than the MC, it feels like all the other characters can be easily replaced and are completely uninteresting. The way the author ALWAYS hides the effects of an item so it can be pulled out with some stupid effect is getting boring, he also doesn't use any neat tricks aside from the one time he stored magic in his ring to trick the demon into thinking he had 0 magic left. None of the generic scumbag character deaths are satisfying, I wanted him to string the serial killer up and torture him to death and completely mentally break him, instead of simply beating him to death with his fists. I know that sounds edgy as hell, but he deserved something worse, author just gives the scumbag character a shocked face and makes them beg for mercy before the MC kills them and thinks we will be satisfied. The story also gets progressively worse. The only reason this is an 8.5/10 is because of the rumored Manhwa bonus that so many generic trash manhwa get somehow, other than that this manhwa is a sold 7/10, or even lower if you don't like to turn of your brain to read generic cliché manhwa.

Great Manhwa!!

It's like Ranker Second Life but not edgy

Definitely worth to read

Underappreciated - most of Ant Studios stuff is really good and fairly popular too...

Here’s a piece of advice for those of you who like to look at the comments before deciding to read a manga/manhwa, just don’t.

Jfiwiwwiosnfjdjiwis the cliffhanger after waiting so long. But every chapter was a treat. Thank you for the translation I missed reading this one

This is Goldmine,, Great Manhwa
This manhwa deserve almost same attention as Solo Leveling

Thanks for translator team!!

Users who are viewing this thread