The Magic Tower Librarian - Ch. 4

Oh, was not expecting that even as I was trying to figure out how he'd get out of this 😅

Well that's ONE way to start a story... Can't say the King and Princes were in the "wrong" to think Mr. Librarian was the killer since they had the "evidence", a blackened spoon and a teacup, but DAMN was the whole situation super fucking shitty to read from the perspective of the MC.

Now that you have my heart felt attention with this setup... how will the story progress? I hate to be negative all the damn time but I've seen too many mangas and manhwas gutter the fucking bowling ball after a strong start.

Double-page supporter
I'm honestly happy this happened. I didn't want the princess to be dead.

MrX

Don't like it. We'll it will be fine if it don't happen again.

whoa this turned into something quite interesting! Does anyone kinda feel bad for the prince who was forced to execute him, as well as our MC?

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
It's a shame this guy didn't study chemistry, the spoon turning black was just a harmless reaction.

Dex-chan lover
It's an interesting premise, but I think I might have to wait until there are a lot more chapters out before I go any further. Not sure my heart can take it.

So this went from what could been a cute wanting to learn magic in a library story to stupid plots, conspiracy and time rewind

Shame

Double-page supporter
@Richman Yeah, the black color only means oxidation had occurred. The only poison that makes silver black is arsenic sulfide but totally innocent sulfury foods like eggs and members if the Mustard/cabbage family like broccoli and brussel sprouts can cause the reaction too. Not to mention drinking water could be contaminated with arsenic which is why a spoon could give a false positive.
@RevereShin
I highly doubt that the poison that killed her is arsenic. According to one source I looked at, the lethal dose is about 0.6 mg/kg/day, so if princess is 40 kg (~90lbs) and died the next day she would have to have ingested about 24 mg of arsenic. Given how a standard tea cup has a volume of 147.9 ml, you aren't gonna be able to coat the inside with 24mg of arsenic, the tea it self would likely have to have been laced with the arsenic to reach the lethal amount to cause Acute Arsenic poisoning that would kill her within 24 hours but Valen and the Head Librarian showed none of the immediate symptoms (within 30 minutes to 2 hours of ingestion) of gastrointestinal distress like
diarrhea and vomiting
. Valen and the Head Librarian weight more than the princess but they would still be showing signs of health deteriorating leading to death at that high a dose over several days from kidney or liver failure.

Double-page supporter
Awww man..... I've read too many time rewinding series recently and I'm getting sick of them :(
Why'd I have to come across another so soon.
I wanna keep reading, but ugh, it's just exhausting at this point

this is just stupid, they are stupid, it was the princess herself who disappeared on her own and left her maid and the director behind, how should our mc have planned this, and from everything we know, he is a plain librarian with probably little social life considering he frequently reads books there after his work, probably also lives there, he is absolutely no assassin, has no motive, and would normally also not have had the opportunity to be even near her, not to mention drinking tea with her alone...
every other person is more suspicious than him...
and from the premise of the tower favors talent and effort, not background, plus a flourishing millenia empire I was expecting a better justice system, single corrupt elements are always a possiblity, but to torture someone like that and then without knowing anything for sure, executong on the spot, eh no

Users who are viewing this thread