The Magnificent Grand Scene - Vol. 13 Ch. 66 - Final Round 2

@Horunic she was the Chinese dancer that danced while hiding her foot injury. She told Kanade that her instructor eventually found out and stopped her from dancing. Like the other competititors, this was a step to a scholarship/career for her, so it's not hard to imagine she is crying from missing out on that opportunity and/or watching others partake in that dream.

Group Leader
And to explain the timing, she would have performed right before Shouko had she been standing up there, i.e. she'd be the one on stage at that very moment.

Dex-chan lover
Sad it isn't untill next volume we get to see the rewards ceremony :( looking super forward to it!

Dex-chan lover
There's so much energy in each chapter, it's enchanting.

Dex-chan lover
Got to thank this chapter since it finally made me get round to making an account, all for the sole purpose of commenting. Funny that, one chapter did what about a year or so of this site being around failed to make me do.
But then that's how great this chapter was. Kanade has gotten so far, and has grown so much over all these chapters. And after last chapter's ending, I was afraid that this was going to end poorly for this competition. That she would make a mistake, that she would lose focus and her performance would suffer. But no. We got instead her best performance yet, brought out on the stage that it mattered the most. If there was ever a time to show her best, this was it. And she did it.
All that is left is the question of whether her best will be enough. Everyone around her here is talented. Everyone is skilled. So how will her performance compare against them on this day? And whether she wins or not, whose eyes will she have caught.

Additionally, the previous chapter, this one, and even many of the ones before, have made me wonder what path she will take going forward. Abby's grip on her has never been as weak as it is now, and Kanade is understanding that she has options out there. I'm kind of hoping that she heads towards Eugene's school, as while being around Abby has been good for her growth it is also dangerous for her too as her intentions have been questioned many times so far.

Dex-chan lover
This is still the most powerful manga chapter I've ever read and it still moves me to just tears of joy
It's so enchanting to see Kanade being able to give it everything she had
To be able to witness her early beginnings and how it all led her to that moment and at that stage

Abby wants to find a successor, but i get the impression that to her a successor means "a replica of herself."

takimoto and garrel seem a lot more concerned about their students as themselves and their progresses rather than making "mini mes" like abby does. so yeah i do think kanade would be better off with garrel, then maybe once she has stronger grip about who and what she is as a dancer, she can learn under abby without being manipulated/coerced, since there's no denying abby has a lot to teach her.

Users who are viewing this thread