The Man in the ATM - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXE8miLZwyM
Reminds me of the only funny bit in movie 43; vending machine kids

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, that guy still lives in an existential nightmare. He lives in his own mental prison, the ATM, that he can't even find the desire to get out of.
At least the ecchi girl has goals in her life she wants to achieve, even if they are very superficial.
One 'thank you' from a little girl does not validify a life style in isolation, in my opinion.
This probably makes a profound statement about people who're stuck in their own head, but I don't like how this story seems to end on a high note. For me it's a tragedy.

Dex-chan lover
bro could have living a dream
He really could
He really did have a chance

in this pandemic ive just become more reclusive. This just feels like the logical 5th step from how im living now.

@Frozeneye i think what's sadder is she did seem to genuinely like him too, or at the very least she respects him since he willingly put himself in harms way for another. i wish this had a follow up with her managing to get him out of his shell and learn it's ok to want to live a more outgoing life

Dex-chan lover
so this is the "money can't buy happiness" thing huh. not complaining. it's a pretty good story

Dex-chan lover
@sheepdoge I do agree with you that that would've been a nice follow-up, but they way she acted is a little more realistic, I think. She already made a bigger effort to convince than a normal person who only knows him briefly would do. Even his agent didn't make a bigger effort.
It takes a lot of effort to get someone out of their own mental prison, an effort people who're not close to you will hardly be able to muster up.

Nobody can tell you how you should be happy. Only you know. Or do you? Does anyone know how to truly be happy? I can’t even imagine staying happy for more than 5 minutes by having a ton of expensive stuff. Move to France, buy an expensive car and quit working? Sounds nice at first thought, but what when the novelty of the new car is gone? And when you are so used to the scenery you grow bored of it? True, money can bring you a lot of happiness, but most of it is short-term only. And you’ll go constantly chasing for more. Personally, I find much more meaning in learning something new, even if it’s seemingly useless. And work for me is kind of a counterbalance to make me enjoy the small things in life more. Besides, what am I supposed to do when I got too much money to ever be able to spend? And especially investors and rich people, why keep growing your fortune to simply grow your fortune? In the end you’ll just sit there with a lot of money, and the entire world to spend it on. But is there really meaning in owning everything?

@Frozeneye that's true. i guess i'm wanting a follow up where in she becomes a consistent in his life and becomes the kind of person that would be close enough to make an effort. on the other hand, @Bok48 made a pretty good point too, no one can tell you how to be happy, that's something ultimately you have to figure out. i do think the presence of other people opens your eyes to possibilities you never considered though, and i'd really like it if this became a series where in he finds that something rather than simply staying in his shell.

Fed-Kun's army
With all that money, he should at least go on a vacation from time to time.

The girl from the Chinese restaurant
- only cared about the guy’s money
- completely ignored his refusals until she’d gotten what she wanted anyway
- was seemingly fine with letting him get beat half to death if he didn’t agree to marry her (IE: give her his money)

What a genuinely awful person. I feel like people are giving her way too much credit on account of her being hot and doing a good deed (for the wrong reasons).

Yeah, gold-digger girl is really an awful person but we don't really know if all she wanted was the money or she actually started to like him in the end. IMO, she could've just said that I'll help you if you give me your money, but she wanted to marry him. IDK if i'm reading into this too much but it seems like at the very least, she cared for the dude and the whole story is wholesome despite her questionable method of doing things.

@Bok48 I definitely agree with your statement mate. No one or nobody can dictate us on how can we be happy since all of us have different happiness. I wouldnt even dare use the "Money cant buy happiness" thing since its pretty invalid considering some person find happiness to it and theres nothing wrong about it as long as YOU'RE FUCKING ENJOYING WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND NOT REGRETTING IT. Thats what i always remember and put in my mind and heart everytime.

Dex-chan lover
i-used-to-believe-there-are-people-operation-inside-the-machines-including-atms_o_7183253.jpg

Group Leader
@Auyuez if you say that to someone who's an extreme shut-in introvert, you might as well be telling them to take a swim in the rivers of hell.

Users who are viewing this thread