The Max Level Hero Has Returned! - Vol. 1 Ch. 37

Aggregator gang
@mlmanga the device was built in order to keep a specific climate / temperature / rainfall and is the source of the "curse". since it wasn't actually a curse but something that just made and kept a stable climate he just altered what climate it should be keeping.

Group Leader
@mlmanga in all fairness, in most magical world settings, the most optimized magic is often compared to programming in our world and... that makes sense. Refining magic spells and artifacts is akin to optimizing a program, code. As in programming school you learn to refine a code to be as flawless and efficient as possible, magic schools teach the exact same thing, except they are spells, formulas, etc.
To be honest, an artifact that can change the climate isn't much of a stretch in a high-magic setting or, in this case, a world of mid-magic who has a high-magic past. Considering he is about on par with the ability of the strongest magicians of all times after his "training"; changing, refining and modifying the spell ran by such an artifact is barely a challenge.

This is why powercreep isn't too interesting. You are left to enjoy the story building of a character that will most likely only have opportunities and no real challenge.
I would have much rather wished to see an actual curse spell with a magic circle written as is, that cannot be modified: either it needs to be destroyed/dispelled or left as-is.
Gaining control of the whole region's climate by finding an artifact with a magic stone that by itself is enough for whole countries to wage war is... boring ?

the political elements of this are kind of bad so I wish it would just go back to fighting... this isn't how farming works he'd need to rejuvenate the soil, and that rain would've just washed away all of that soil and probably would've more realistically caused a flood. Instead of talking about plants we need to talk about fertilizer and sustainable farming practices first!

@notsocoolio no, but for heavens sake, the whole drought was the product of artificial clima and in a world with gods, lots of magic, vampires who can suck the life force of an entire area, mana with personality, speaking swords, teleporting mana gates, a demon lord who looks like a fairy for me (by the way, she is invisible for the public, or? - no, I really will not complain about something so trivial like that
and I have to say, for a fantasy story with a op mc like Davy, the story with its political aspects is quite good and I also like Davy who is op but also smart and know that you can't just solve everything with raw force (the whole I gather evidence for corruption and give it to someone who can and will use it properly, so I can stay out of the limelight) who neither shows his powers off nor hides it completely, cares for his allies/people, yet has no qualms about killing whose who deserve it and still can be embarrassed, surprised, is nervous and what else and his backstory makes him believable

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully our MC doesn't suck dry the garden. But I'm afraid that our MC might even know who the Moon Goddess is.

Users who are viewing this thread