The Max Level Hero Strikes Back - Ch. 158

Double-page supporter
I feel like adblock is a requirement to use the internet nowadays. like i aint sitting through 5 mins of youtube ads or paying <insert mainstream media here> to read a shitty news article
Truer words have not been spoken. Seriously, todays internet is pure liquid shit, SEO everywhere, you cannot even read article written humanely according to the rules of grammar, because articles have long been written for the retarded algorithm that positions them. You don't even need to look closely to find out that one phrase or even whole sentences are repeated. That doesn't count, because it's not for humans. Ad on top of that- ads everywhere, some websites have even balls to make some passive-aggressive beggar-like statements like "there is no free internet without ads". Ya. I'm listening this garbage for like 20 years where adblockers started to appear and funny thing- whales saying things like that are not moving at all. So yea. We had flash garbage, website owners were laughing because they were clearly above the law and no one had the tools to fight it. But as soon as people got their hands on such tools, the uproar began, that it's not allowed, that it cannot be done that way, that it's theft (xD). But in reality 20 year have passed and nothing changed- they were screaming then and they are screaming now. And I very much like to use adblocker, lest I don't need to worry about my transfer being eaten for some garbage, I don't need to worry about clicking for some spyware/adware/ransomware/trojan ad, I don't need to watch some intrusive garbage ad they're putting more and more every year.

Double-page supporter
Fun fact, asking people to go to their website until the chapter there has 20k views before they release the next scanlation breaks rule 1.8 of Mangadex, which says that "permanently withholding some of your scanlations to a series for the purpose of attracting users to your site is not allowed".

It would be a shame if people were to report this chapter for breaking this rule... Or, since their website is essentially an aggregator given the quantity of stolen chapter, the fact that it breaks rule 3.2.5... and 3.2.7 for having their website advertisements in the middle of the chapter...
Might be controversial but that's not one or two titles on MD that has this kind of "problem". People are basically uploading links the external websites and at this point MD is getting degraded from agregator to some kind of advertisement platform for them. But that's not what's the most repulsive. Some people are uploading links to external websites... that are paywalled and require you to pay read every chapter. Like... what the fuck. Seriously MD should do something because this is clearly scam- if they want to uphold their weird system, fine but they should advertise via google or something, not a site that provides self-hosted content.

Dex-chan lover
Might be controversial but that's not one or two titles on MD that has this kind of "problem". People are basically uploading links the external websites and at this point MD is getting degraded from agregator to some kind of advertisement platform for them. But that's not what's the most repulsive. Some people are uploading links to external websites... that are paywalled and require you to pay read every chapter. Like... what the fuck. Seriously MD should do something because this is clearly scam- if they want to uphold their weird system, fine but they should advertise via google or something, not a site that provides self-hosted content.
Those links to external websites, like MangaPlus or NamiComi, are official publishers and not aggregators, which are exempt from some rules (such as withholding chapters to attract people to your website), but the links that are provided should not be behind a paywall (although other chapters can be). They typically have the first and last few chapters free, and everything else behind a paywall, so it's nice if you follow something from the start, but it can be annoying if you're trying to start something new or catch up.
This is a choice MangaDex made, if you're not happy with it fortunately there are few of them so it's easy to block them all and not see it anymore.

"Scanlator" websites (like this lovely Mangademon) that have a few titles and steal everything else from other groups to make their website look complete, and have a toxic ad-infested website, are the real issue in my opinion. Their website doesn't bring anything that we don't have through MangaDex, it's just a bad experience overall and likely not legal since they're stealing content from other groups and may have some cryptobots or stuff like that (I don't want to disable my adblock to verify...). And it's pretty easy to spot them: they are the ones putting ugly watermarks and bending the rules regarding extraneous pages, adding 4-5 "credits" pages where they also beg for money and to join their discord and check their shitty website. Especially annoying on short chapters, when there are more useless pages than actual content...

Dex-chan lover
I've also just noticed. This isn't even an upload from Asura Scan. This mangademon guy's just an aggregator. They copied verbatim even the credit page from Asura...

Dex-chan lover
You made me remember why I dropped it.

This arc was horrendous
Yeah I remember that being the reason why I dropped it too. The lil golem girl thing just had no point. Honestly I thought that the author just ran out of ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread