The Mermaid Princess's Guilty Meal - Vol. 4 Ch. 23

Group Leader
maxresdefault.jpg

• Drink
Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
I smell Jojo!

Also, shark fin soup is especially cruel. More often than not, the shark is finned and kicked back into the ocean to suffer because the meat isn’t worth jack compared to the fins. Most of the flavour in shark fin soup comes from ingredients other than the shark’s cartilaginous fins.

Dex-chan lover
I mean... fish eat smaller fish all the time. Sometimes even from same species. Or is this some weird fish society where only non-fish eating fish are allowed? FISH SUPREMACISTS

Dex-chan lover
I like the way this guy makes references. They're there, but even if you don't notice them, the joke works just as well.

Reactions: GK
Contributor
She's going to fish hell, but what about if she goes to the people afterlife?

Fed-Kun's army
Shark fins? Yup, she's going to hell.

@Mah_Buddy_Keith
Yeah, it's f*cked up and cruel, just like whaling. What's worse, is that the soup made with sharkfins is also rather tasteless according to people trying it, it flavor actually comes from the other ingredients (which is kind of expected considered that shark fins are mostly made of cartilagine), so people buy it just because it's expensive and a status symbol.

Group Leader
As Shakespeare said on Richard III: "If not to heaven, then hand by hand to hell"

Dex-chan lover
even other cooking manga agree that shark fin tastes like nothing

1574018197-shark-fin-soup.png

Double-page supporter
Too bad this manga is not following the logic that shark cannot breathe if it is not moving.

So yes, shark-finning is cruel.

Dex-chan lover
@mase_aga

This is true for some sharks, those that rely on having to push water through their gills by movement. Some sharks can breathe just fine without movement.

In fact, MOST sharks don't need to move to breathe.

Users who are viewing this thread