The Monstrous Duke's Adopted Daughter - Ch. 79

Dex-chan lover
@Darkion They were more afraid of the differences in culture meaning that gestures meant different things and that actions could result in the other taking capital offense and cause degraded relations between nations of unknown strengths (or even just between them as individuals), more than anything else. Such was the case with interactions with any new culture. Even then, mostly it was an awe and interest in the new, the exotic, that was felt. In fact the entire reason that we commonly see the great Sage Balthasar as black is because way back in the day, when Europeans first started interacting with Central Africans and seeing their dark skin during the Renaissance, they started using it in artwork to represent the exotic there, as well, starting with Albrecht Dürer’s and Heironymus Bosch's paintings both called 'Adoration of the Magi'. For more information on that aspect, you can read the article here: https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2020/dec/21/christmas-cards-star-baby-jesus-myrrh-mystery-balthasar-three-kings-black-art

Dex-chan lover
@enyoteremchi 😁

Super cool explanation, especially the comparing to salvatores, and the fact they mentioned age as a factor too? Like people complain about lack of representation, but when we get it we nitpick it...(of course done wrong is worse than none at all, but that doesn't seem to be the case as of yet)

I like this... Lady Tepentel already. Such an energetic and high-spirited woman that doesn't pull her punches. Especially love that frame of Ruenti giggling at how Leslie being mistaken as Bethrion's daughter. I agree it's rare to see black (african) people featured in this kind of medieval fantasy manhwa but it's a nice change that I really wish featured much more =v =

that woman is hilarious and funny now the comic wouldn't be serious business all the time anymore even for a bit im happy and thank you for always getting us the comic :) <3

@Amariithynar I stand corrected. But I believe it depends, shock and awe was a reaction while some others did fear, specially since religion depicted devils as black beings.

The Salvatore family's miracle 😂 I laughed so much at the end, the Arombell people are nice

Thanks for releasing so many chapters together! I'll be eagerly awaiting the next

Contributor
Here is an animated version of Tepentel's reaction to the Duchess informing her that Leslie is the Duchess' daughter.

YE63Te2.gif

Dex-chan lover
I’m surprised to see the artists colored the palms lighter than the rest of the skin like irl black people. Most artists don’t really consider or don’t know about it or the art style is so cartoony that it’s simplified to leave it out.

it's probably just out of affection but tepentel calling leslie a granddaughter makes me wonder if shes the ducchess sworn sister or smth...! like battlefield budddies so their ties are that strong...

Dex-chan lover
Damn they look great, the contrast with their hair colour is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread